• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake lites

chipola

bros. i have a 35a2c and i was wondering if anyone has run across this problem.pumping the brakes the lites grow from weak to brite but when i hit the turn signals i lose both.turn signals and brake lites.the blinkers have been working intermitently and the brakes work perfectly. any help greatly appreciated.dud

Attachments

LanceRobson

Maybe someone else who's had a similar problem will chime in but I'd start with checking every ground for a tight, clean metal to metal contact.

My experience has been that the majority of lighting issues are ground related.

Lance

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: brake lites

Remember that a little dialectric grease on the contacts (nuts, washers, etc) helps keep your ground points from getting corroded... Also a good idea to smear some on the bulb contacts as the interenal parts of the lights tend to get funky and it will help not only with the current flow but with getting the bulbs out of their sockets in the future...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: brake lites

I often try to replace the flat washer with a "star" lock washer. They bite into the base metal - even through paint. A dab of the dialectric grease should be standard procedure!

Lee in ALaska