• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brakes

big daddy

Hi ,I just bought an m55 and the brakes dont work.I rebuilt the master cylinder and now I have a good pedal after 2 pumps but no brakes still? Also I thought the line in the top of the master cylinder was a vent but mine is pressurized,why? big daddy independence,mo

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your line is pressurized there is a problem. That is supposed to be a vent line. I know on the deuce, there was an MWO changing the location of that line. Yours might be going to the aircleaner as part of a fording kit but I would think that would create a vacuum. Trace that line. some uniformed subject may have tapped it into an sir line. More often than not, the airpacks go away more than anything else. If you have a firm pedal but very little braking action, look towards troubleshooting the airpack. Get yerself a manual and study the workings of it so you can start checking lines.

big daddy

Thanks I'll look it over a little better,would someone accidentely tapping into the air lines cause this?I'm trying to find manuals for it but have not been very lucky.Bought 4 boxes of manuals at auction some for newer 5 tons,2.5 tons,generators,trailers,radios etc.

Attachments