• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Build your own cargo bows

sd39u

We all know how hard it can be to find some of the metal cargo bows for the M923/M35 family of trucks. I'm still in search of 5 good metal bows myself and I have a line on getting some. That being said, I decided to use my noggin and put all that 'worthless' knowledge accumulated working in a lumberyard in high school and college to good use!

Composite decking boards like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trex-Com...-1-in-x-5-5-in-x-96-in-BD010608ES01/203140659

I ripped them using my table saw to 2 3/8" wide and cut them to the right length (74 1/2" if I recall correctly). The composite deck boards have a lot of spring to them and they arched up very nicely. Since they are made of about 90% of some type of recycled material that looks and feels like milk jugs, they should never rot, warp or crack. We put the tarp over the bows and it looks like it's gonna be a winner.

IMG_2640.jpg

Kansas City Royals Home Opener is on Monday...there is a chance of rain for the tailgate...so this cover may come in handy!!!

Eric

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We all know how hard it can be to find some of the metal cargo bows for the M923/M35 family of trucks. I'm still in search of 5 good metal bows myself and I have a line on getting some. That being said, I decided to use my noggin and put all that 'worthless' knowledge accumulated working in a lumberyard in high school and college to good use!

Composite decking boards like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trex-Com...-1-in-x-5-5-in-x-96-in-BD010608ES01/203140659

I ripped them using my table saw to 2 3/8" wide and cut them to the right length (74 1/2" if I recall correctly). The composite deck boards have a lot of spring to them and they arched up very nicely. Since they are made of about 90% of some type of recycled material that looks and feels like milk jugs, they should never rot, warp or crack. We put the tarp over the bows and it looks like it's gonna be a winner.

View attachment 552272

Kansas City Royals Home Opener is on Monday...there is a chance of rain for the tailgate...so this cover may come in handy!!!

Eric

We used that same type of material on our pool deck and no problem with rot etc., but what we DID experience was sagging between even the shortest spans of the joists (supports).

I hope you have better luck.:beer: