• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Car hauling Deuce and a half

Truckoholic

Okay, so I was just screwing around today. Had been dying to get a car of some sort into the bed of one of my trucks. Why? Just because I can for the heck of it. ha ha So I finally got the hill side dug out to where I could back up to it and only have to use small ramps to drive right in.

I know the concept is nothing new at all. I just had to try it myself. But have you ever seen a 2000 Chevy Suburban in the back of one?
2012-03-03_15-30-19_459.jpg

No? Probably because it is too blinking long!!! :mrgreen:

I know you guys have seen and hauled jeeps in the back of these things, but here's my moms jeep in the bed. It actually fit!

2012-03-03_15-46-18_293.jpg

Oh, and in another venture.......... After making my video the other day of my truck all chained up driving in the snow, I decided to take it out and see just what it could do in the snow without the chains out of curiosity. It did quite well, but when I got to a really steep part of the road where the snow was nearing two feet deep, I lost traction and came to a stop. And when I backed up to get another go at it, the front end slid to the right, and I ended up kind of sideways stuck in the road unable to move at all. So yipee!:jumpin:
I finally for the first time get to USE the winch rather than just playing with it. So I just hooked it to a tree on the left side of the road, pulled myself straight, and backed down the road and turned around and went home since I didn't feel like putting the chains on to go any further.

So here is a pic of it where it got stuck. Doesn't look like much, but it was my fun for the day.
2012-03-01_14-30-18_623.jpg

Speedwoble

I have hauled a Datsun 280z and an old toyota corolla. The corolla was going to the scrappers, so I unloaded it by backing up quickly and stomping on the brakes.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Here's the next challenge: I'd like to see a small vehicle in the back of a bigger vehicle, which is in turn in the back of an even bigger vehicle! Extra credit if the third vehicle isn't a semitrailer, because that would be too easy. :mrgreen:

Truckoholic

Here's the next challenge: I'd like to see a small vehicle in the back of a bigger vehicle, which is in turn in the back of an even bigger vehicle! Extra credit if the third vehicle isn't a semitrailer, because that would be too easy. :mrgreen:

Oh man! I wanted to try putting one of my M35's in the back of my M813. Then if I had the jeep in the back of the M35, that would be pretty cool! Ha ha But I don't think the deuce and a half would fit!

This is the closest to that that I have done.
IMG_20110811_110146.jpg

Someday when I get a HEMTT, I will load a Jeep in the bed of a bobbed deuce and a half, and load that in the bed of an M925, then load the M925 in the bed of the HEMTT! It will be extremely over height, but oh well!

Kalashnikov

A Bronco should fit in the back of a duece as well. I never got a chance to do it because I didn't have them both at the same time!

Darwin T

would you have to lube the probe before you inserted it in the back end of the deuce? :popcorn:

if the probe was snuck into the country it would be an alien probe.rofl

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
would you have to lube the probe before you inserted it in the back end of the deuce? :popcorn:

if the probe was snuck into the country it would be an alien probe.rofl
LOL - 2 Points for Darwin's Humor.

Actually, the Probe would be narrow enough to slip in "dry".

If a Probe was owned by a proctologist, it could be a ..... nah... I'll let y'all finish that one without my help.

If you s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d a Ford Probe and tinted the windows real dark, it could be a Probe-Limo (as in "no problemo").

BTW, years ago, the ver first time I can ever recall having noticed the Probe model of Ford cars, the example I say bore a Texas License plate that said: DEEPLY
Since it was right next to the model logo, the PROBE DEEPLY intent was quite evident!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if the Ford Probe Limo had an auto trans, would it be problimatic?
Every Ford Probe I've ever incountered has been Problimatic - I think it came as STANDARD EQUIPMENT or something.
:whistle:
The 1990 model was the part of the first evolution of sheetmetal and window contours.... Don't EVER take one through an automatic carwash 'cause the leak like a screen door in a submarine. ALWAYS park under cover if there is rain in the forcast too - Neither of the side windows nor the hatch even comes close to being watertight.

To keep this MV related.....

Therefore, DO NOT ford or submerge your Deuce if you're carrying a Ford Probe as only one of them is designed for underwater ops. [thumbzup] Got it?