• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo area light

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm taking the deuce camping in a few weeks. I figured since I'm going to be sleeping in the back I would like to have some sort of light back there. I found a couple of old threads where people have done this but want to hear some more ideas.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Truthfully...i would just use one of those battery powered lights that you just push in the center and it comes on. You can sitck them anywhere ya want or just walk around with them. They use 4 (I think) AA batteries and are pretty darn bright.

My wife has one in every closet in the house and replaces the batteries maybe twice a year.

If you want a permanent one...I'll leave that to those with more knowledge...I am not good at all with electrial stuff!:roll:

kurtkds

We went camping for a week last month and we just used a LED tent light from W-mart to see with. It was enough to see what we were doing and I just ran a ratchet strap across one of the bows to hang it from.:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I haven't installed it yet but I've been meaning to install a few M109 van lights (the circular ones) by just screwing them into the bows and then running a wire up in the cab. Soon I'll have the power bars from a CUCV mounted in the deuce to make it quick and convientient to add such things.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truthfully...i would just use one of those battery powered lights that you just push in the center and it comes on. You can sitck them anywhere ya want or just walk around with them. They use 4 (I think) AA batteries and are pretty darn bright.

My wife has one in every closet in the house and replaces the batteries maybe twice a year.

If you want a permanent one...I'll leave that to those with more knowledge...I am not good at all with electrial stuff!:roll:
I bought a few from Walmart like this with a magnet base to use in the cabs. I guess it would also attach to the metal bow brackets. The peel and stick ones PB refers to would stick to the bows if the surface was smooth and not weathered. I'd use a screw to attach due to the rough ride.

I know the magnet doesn't hold to the cab ceiling well since there is no flat steel to attach it to, so I just put it up when I need a light for a short time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The papabear/Trailboss method is what I'd do. If you put a permanent one on the bows, every time you wanna pull the bows off, you gotta unhook the wires, if you fill up the cargo area you risk catching the wire and pulling it out, etc.

Barrman

I use the magnetic Coleman battery deal between the rear and next forward bows. Just don't drive with it on there! I did and haven't found either part yet.

A little loop of rope, a carabiner and a lanter work great hanging from your bow of choice as well.

The holes on the side of the bow corners are great for clothes hangers to fit in too.

Armada

I added a couple armor lights to my deuce to light up the cargo area and as an interior cab light. The cargo light switch was always left in the on position and power was controlled by a main switch in the cab. Whenever I needed to see in the back, especially with the cargo cover on, I just turned the switch in the cab. The wires had mil connectors so I could unplug it when removing the headache rack.
I want to add another one of these to the cab of my current truck. Does anyone have an extra they could part with?

Attachments

steelandcanvas

I added a couple armor lights to my deuce to light up the cargo area and as an interior cab light. The cargo light switch was always left in the on position and power was controlled by a main switch in the cab. Whenever I needed to see in the back, especially with the cargo cover on, I just turned the switch in the cab. The wires had mil connectors so I could unplug it when removing the headache rack.
I want to add another one of these to the cab of my current truck. Does anyone have an extra they could part with?
Sweet install, Armada, nicely done!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Armada, Tony banks (Tbanks here on the site) Has plenty of them for sale $10 or 15 each. Let me know if you want his phone number. He sells radio stuff too.

Massm35a2

I camped in the deuce at the Rochester Mass Fair last weekend. Just used a battery flashlight. Darn heavy rain I found every pin hole in my top that night :-(

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a plug that goes into the NATO slave cable adaptor with an 11 foot cord on it.
It was originally used to power a fire control computer and cost Uncle big bucks.
I sell them for $25.00
You can cut the plug off the end of the cord, put on a switch and a light and you have a light that you can hang in the cargo area or use for a trouble light.
PM for contact info.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The best thing imho would be to get the daisy chain lights from an M577 TOC extension.. You would have to mount a plug in but these lights have handles with hook and could be thrown up and taken down wherever you wanted the light. I hope to eventually have plug ins in the bed and engine compartment and even in my trailer. When you need it, plug it in, when not, pop it out.

I wish I had a photo (wish I had these in my truck) cause a picture would provide the ah-ha effect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks