• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing a M923 to a M923A1

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a way to get a M923 that has just been completely overhauled by the military but I really like the super singles on the A1 like my other truck. Are there any differences other between the M923 and M923A1 besides the super singles, and how are the front differentials different to hold super singles instead of 1100's
Can you make one into the other?

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does that mean you just put on the 1400's and don't have to do anything else. How do they stay in place on the rear axles, taking off duels and just putting one tire back on?

indy4x4fab

Banned
If you don't want to buy all new nuts for the back end then once you have the rear inner tire and rim off the hub just put the inner nut back on the stud and then the 14r20 the the outer nut, its been done many times on here and never been a problem.

rrrr

You will also need a speedometer adapter to compensate for the tires. I believe the A1 series also added an air dryer and did away with the methanol sniffer for the air system (not sure about this though)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Diverman I have thought about hsi change to my truck also and would like to do it and would have gone with Hemmitt rims etc. BUT I figured out before I did it (there is a first) that I have no way to handle tires/hubs that will end up weighing close to 600 pounds each, then where do I put my spare tire, I decided against it at least for now! So if you do yours please DONT post pics I just dont need to see how how much awesomeness I am missing out on! Good luck
KK

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M923 to M923A1, or M923 to M925 isn't too hard, like they said, tires and wheels. Changing to an A2 variant would require changing the engine, adding CTIS, lots of little stuff.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
changing tires is easy, you go to this huge, big tire place down the road and say change these please. I changed a tube out and put a new one in and filled the tire in under 20 minutes, well I mean they did. They sell the tires there that are like 10 ft tall. this guy working on my 1400, looked
like he was working on a bicycle tire, and they charged me $20. lol Thanks guys I would have thought you would have to change the entire rear ends out

Last edited:

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
changing tires

changing tires is easy, you go to this huge, big tire place down the road and say change these please. I changed a tube out and put a new one in and filled the tire in under 20 minutes, well I mean they did. They sell the tires there that are like 10 ft tall. this guy working on my 1400, looked
like he was working on a bicycle tire, and they charged me $20. lol thanks guys I would have thought you would have to change the entire rear ends out.