• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging system help????

Crash_AF

Well, while the OP had a 1010, it was modified while in Govt service to the regular CUCV system, not the 1010 system.

I would recommend pulling the plastic plugs off of the alternator and cleaning the contacts, then see what the lights are doing. From there you can check some of the other connections, but the small plug has the largest chance of being the problem.

25.2V is too low voltage, you should have that alternator checked to see if it is the problem. 25.2 would be 14.3 + 10.9. If you do decide to get a replacement alternator, make sure it is isolated ground or you will burn stuff up. My recommendation would be to find an alternator rebuild shop local to you and have them repair the alternator you have, just make sure you emphasize to them that it is to remain an isolated ground. Put an ohmmeter between the ground and case BEFORE you leave their shop. If it is anything but open (infinite ohms) they did it wrong.

Later,
Joe

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, while the OP had a 1010, it was modified while in Govt service to the regular CUCV system, not the 1010 system.
Later,
Joe
You are correct. I missed that because I didn't read the entire Original Post.

Good catch.