• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chasing electrical problems...

taildragger03

I can't stress enough about using the TM's to diagnose electrical problems. My problem that I have solved, included the running lights/turn signal issue. Specifically, the turn signal being on (continuous) when the running lights are on. Well first, thought it was a bad ground and consultation of doing a search on SS pointed me in the right direction.

After reading up on the schematics in appendix F (wire diagrams), I spent the day chasing the different leads throughout the system. Interesting what you find along the way and how many other projects you find. What I found in my search was that when I moved the harness between the Rt headlight and side marker, the the turn signal went out. However, it would reset to being on when the turn signal was switch on. So after further inspection with the bulb removed from the socket and testing with the volt meter I found this:

The first photo is the plug itself for the running/turn signal
The second with the pencil pointing to the ground contact from the plug. As you can see there is a crack that was causing my electrical issue. I replaced the plug from Napa for around seven dollars.

Attachments

taildragger03

The search started with you Ken_86gt. Read up on a similar issue you had chimed in on and the relative age of these vehicles. The simplest things are sometimes the least obvious. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks