• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian seats that work for the M1009 K5 Blazer?

CUCV85

Just a week ago I went to a local pick and pull to look for a rear window crank in the tailgate
for the M1009. I actually found a mint K blazer
and removed the electric rear window regulator
I noticed it had a great interior and the A/C was left.
Only the engine and doors had been removed.
I decided that I would love to upgrade to the civilian seats, seat belts,
and bed cap that had the dark window tint and slider windows.
Well, they crushed that truck this past Friday the guy told me!
I told the guy how pissed I was -
that the Blazer they crushed had a ton of parts
they surely could have sold before crushing it.
So - fellas what other model seats will bolt in and work for the War Wagon?

Last edited:

PackRatWrecker

Unless Im mistaken, K5 Blazer, and Suburban, front seats are interchangeable. Don't know about the rear/intermediate 'Burb seats.
IIRC, pickup seats won't match yoour floorpan. Although, it could be possible to switch the lower mounting brackets, as they are normally riveted on.

CUCV85

Unless I'm mistaken, K5 Blazer, and Suburban, front seats are interchangeable. Don't know about the rear/intermediate 'Burb seats.
IIRC, pickup seats won't match your floor pan. Although, it could be possible to switch the lower mounting brackets, as they are normally riveted on.
My Brother replaced the entire inside - floor pans, inner and outer rocker panels and the rear floor. He welded the old brackets in the same place!
No rivets CRAP, :???: I just remove the entire seat and base/frame.
Probably isn't safe to just drill holes and bolt different seats in there!?
Probably the back would be OK,
the bed thickness seams like you could get away with it?

four_by_ken

Just look for the K5 Blazer of the same generation. The civilian and military bodies are not any different.

Pickups are different for sure... and I am pretty sure the Suburbans are also different , not positive on that though.

CUCV85

still pondering, for the civy blazers are scarce

Just a week ago I went to a local pick and pull to look for a rear window crank in the tailgate
for the M1009. I actually found a mint K blazer
and removed the electric rear window regulator
I noticed it had a great interior and the A/C was left.
Only the engine and doors had been removed.
I decided that I would love to upgrade to the civilian seats, seat belts,
and bed cap that had the dark window tint and slider windows.
Well, they crushed that truck this past Friday the guy told me!
I told the guy how pissed I was -
that the Blazer they crushed had a ton of parts
they surely could have sold before crushing it.
So - fellas what other model seats will bolt in and work for the War Wagon?
My Brother replaced the entire inside - floor pans, inner and outer rocker panels and the rear floor. He welded the old brackets in the same place!
No rivets CRAP, :???: I just remove the entire seat and base/frame.
Probably isn't safe to just drill holes and bolt different seats in there!?
Probably the back would be OK,
the bed thickness seams like you could get away with it?
Unless I'm mistaken, K5 Blazer, and Suburban, front seats are interchangeable.
quote]

The burb and Blazer seats will not interchange without modifications to the brackets, the floor pans are different.
Just look for the K5 Blazer of the same generation. The civilian and military bodies are not any different.

Pickups are different for sure... and I am pretty sure the Suburbans are also different , not positive on that though.
You would think that the seats interchange between Military Blazer and a civilian blazer BUT, I have heard the seats themselves are from a S10/GMC15 type blazer but the frame/mount underneath the seat should be the same as the civilian blazer? Confused, Yes I know to look for a civilian blazer to compare. Guess what, I have looked and I lost a perfect chance to upgrade. So now I am leaning toward possibly putting s10 blazer seats in or the gmc s15 jimmy seats - these are readily available at all junk yards! Has anyone put s10 seats on the military seat frame or what kind of seat will mount easily to the frame so it can be just bolted right back in place? Thanks in advance

four_by_ken

I should have expanded more... I would just go with the entire seat and bracket. 4 bolts (I think) to sway per seat. Doesnt get much easier than that.

CUCV85

That's what I was hoping to do,
remove entire seat and frame/mount and just bolt it right into the same place.
If whatever I get doesn't bolt straight in can I just bolt it into the floor?
I would think I must have to add some plate steel underneath and weld it?
Just as the setup is now for more support...

four_by_ken

Myself... I want to use the factory mounting holes. If you do not... just make sure everything is braced in good as you said. Thats a problem with using newer seats that have the integrated seat belts. Our seat belt mount to the floor.

stump

I had a 1997 chevy tahoe that my daughter went end over end with. I used the seats out of it. I had to use 3/4 in spacers to lift the seat and drill new holes but now have arm rest and electric seats that tilt. Worked great. My daughter is fine one **** of a truck.

partime

I bought A set out of A cicy Blazer 1985 and was going to change my good set to the new frame..........Would not fit the holes would not line up:evil:

CUCV85

year of seats installed

You have to unbolt the four bolts holding the seat its self to the frame and the civi seats I got bolted right to the seat frame like they were made for them but you have to use the CUCV frames(bases).These seats came from a later model chevy suburban I get these for fourty bucks a set from my friends junkyard I had ten sets in the shed and used every one last winter.The only problem is now with the four inch lift on the truck the drivers seat takes a beating getting in and out of the truck.
Thanks a lot for the pictures,[thumbzup]
I can honestly say you've helped a lot of us out!
By later model suburban do you mean 1992 or 1982 for say?:jumpin:

four_by_ken

You have to unbolt the four bolts holding the seat its self to the frame and the civi seats I got bolted right to the seat frame like they were made for them but you have to use the CUCV frames(bases).These seats came from a later model chevy suburban I get these for fourty bucks a set from my friends junkyard I had ten sets in the shed and used every one last winter.The only problem is now with the four inch lift on the truck the drivers seat takes a beating getting in and out of the truck.
Not sure if I am reading wrong or not... but are there not just two pieces... the seat and then the frame/base. The seat bolts to the frame and then the frame to the floor.

Sounds above, like you have three pieces?

HighPlainsPrepper

Camaro Seats Installed no modifications.

I've found alot of the GM seats use the same bolt pattern and spacing, on the seat itself. I just put camaro seats in my M1009 by swapping out and retaining the CUCV bases. Easy work and the holes line up no problem.

BikerBi11

I pulled a complete tan interior out of a civy Blazer in preporation for finding an M1009 for the rite price. I want to do my own desert camo job on it and I thought the tan interior would look nice with a tan camo job. Well, the M1009 presented it's self about a week ago, and I will go recover it next month! I will be using all civy interior exept the dash pad and carpet. Will let you know how it goes!!:doghead:

Bronx Boy

Has anyone considered the possibility of replacing the 1009 front seats with a bench seat?

In my case, I've removed the back seat and would like to accomodate a third passenger up front if possible.

Any thoughts on this?

MANY THANKS!!

Bronx Boy

Has anyone considered the possibility of replacing the 1009 front seats with a bench seat?

In my case, I've removed the back seat and would like to accomodate a third passenger up front if possible.

Any thoughts on this?

MANY THANKS!!

stranger75

Recent Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado etc. models use a center console/ fold up jump seat. I would post a link to a picture, but I don't think you can post fleabay links here. Take a look on the 'bay. You will probably have to drill holes to accommodate the bracket, and may have to modify the bracket to make it fit. I imagine you would have to do that anyway to put a bench seat in. With the console/ seat you would have double the functionality as a bench seat. and cupholders to boot.

i have the late model ( 96-99 ) tahoe front seats and console in my 09.. Can view pics here to get idea of how "they" look installed... Even the power is hooked up on driver side...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/83044-85-m1009-build-thread-7.html

Btw.... Im in the mists of gathering parts, to relocate those Tahoe Seats to the rear, and adding more of a Sport bucket Seats to the front, and comfort for all when trail riding. ( rear seat doesnt do well to back on all day trail rides...) Going to source another rear Seat, from Junkyard.. ( I dont want to destroy mine, its in good shape), and use its bottom frame, and mount the Tahoe seats to it.... that way i will still retain the option of folding those Seats up, in the event i need more cargo space, and not have to drill any more holes in the floor... I already have enough holes....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks