• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian tag along + state inspections

M925

So has anyone ever used a civilian tag a long with their 5 ton? Was hitch height a problem? I am thinking about getting a tag a long......but I'm afraid I will not be able to find one that would ride level that high.

Has anyone ever experienced difficulty getting their 5 ton inspected? I live in the glorious state of Virginia. And I think I need to get a light for my rear license plate....before I get it inspected.

I don't have an emissions test here, but how would a 5 ton fair on a emissions test?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just this morning I had a M931A1, (2) M813s and M35a3 inspected by the county deputy. KY revised statute states that inspection is VIN # and mileage.
ALL passed and I put Farm tags on the deuce. Cost $25 for the inspection and $30.10 for the farm tags. The other trucks will either get historic vehicle of farm tags also. KY is pretty easy...
JC

M925

I put truck tags on mine it cost me $500.00/yr OUCH! Glad everything is working out for you. $52 to get mine inspected......I got them to fill the tires the other day and the mechanic told me the tires are worth more than the truck.....11.00R20 civilian tires are selling for $600 each without mounting hope I never see the day to replace all of them at once.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Ouch. 25k tags on Missouri are a hundred bucks a year. (I have a deuce.) Insurance is about 20 a month and my mechanic does a common sense inspection every two years.

rmgill

I have a civilian tag trailer that works just fine. Electric brakes run off a tekonsha, not hard to setup, just a bit fiddly.

A larger airbrake model tag trailer should work well. You just have to adapt electrical signals for lights or swap bulbs.

martinwcox

I have an Econoline MP2512TE with electric brakes, pintle hook on highest level on trailer worked out perfectly. Had to build a 24v to 12v converter for the lights / brakes, used air to electric brake controller made by Hayes. Never had an inspection problem, trucks pass opacity emission test with flying colors.

Attachments

Last edited:

M925

I have an Econoline MP2512TE with electric brakes, pintle hook on highest level on trailer worked out perfectly. Had to build a 24v to 12v converter for the lights / brakes, used air to electric brake controller made by Hayes. Never had an inspection problem, trucks pass opacity emission test with flying colors.
where did you get that? And is it street legal?