• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

BEASTMASTER

my thanks to all of you for the info. it's really really great when i can go from one end of my plow route to the other without reaching out to knock the ice of the wiper every 1000 feet. i suffered 5 years, and it was soooo, simple...thanks again guys....

srodocker

me and an/arc186 (dan) customized my wiper arms by just drilling a tiny hole in the arm and placing a screw through a pair of 11" anco blades...work perfectly...

dittle

I put these wipers on my Deuce and so far I like them alot. Just make sure to use a little loctite on the nut that goes on wiper motor shaft.

dittle

Did you get the catch spring locked in behind the splined collar you installed on the motor shaft? It doesn't sound like it it latched.

kurtkds

I finally decided to put some wipers on that are worth a crap. The total on all of the parts came to about $30.00. I ordered them through a local Napa dealer.
It was $14.89 per side.
The arms are Anco part number 41-01,
The wipers are Anco part number 31-13.
The arms are adjustable for length plus or minus one inch and they are also adjustable for arm angle.
Pull the stock arm,
Install the proper knurled adapter with a drop of red loc-tite and new included nut,
Put the wiper on the arm with the included fitting,
Put a drop of red loc-tite on the arm and install.
The install was an easy twenty minute job but the results are well worth it.

I just finished up the M818 with similar parts. I used the Anco 30-13 wiper blade for mine, it's a plastic covered metal blade. Total time was about 15 minutes, no trimming required like the last time I did it on the Deuce.

Next will be a coat of flat black.

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally decided to put some wipers on that are worth a crap. The total on all of the parts came to about $30.00. I ordered them through a local Napa dealer.
It was $14.89 per side.
The arms are Anco part number 41-01,
The wipers are Anco part number 31-13.
The arms are adjustable for length plus or minus one inch and they are also adjustable for arm angle.
Pull the stock arm,
Install the proper knurled adapter with a drop of red loc-tite and new included nut,
Put the wiper on the arm with the included fitting,
Put a drop of red loc-tite on the arm and install.
The install was an easy twenty minute job but the results are well worth it.
I got just what you listed. Looks way better than Saturn Surplus's crap...but it was way more $$$$.

the 41-01 was $33.00 each. I sent $70.00 for my wipers.

AN/ARC186

From what I've heard, the anco 41-01 has been discontinued. I tried to pick up some for my deuce, bot nobody local (incl. NAPA) has them.
I ordered some 41-01's from O'Reilly's(Schucks) just a couple of weeks ago, I called this morning, they are still available.just not a normally stocked item, they have to be ordered.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I installed mined worked for a while then they flew off. For real the wiper flew off the arms litterally. Any had this problem?
I have not had a problem and the last time I used them my passenger side went into HYPER-DRIVE. Did you use lock tite on the nut and on the knurls? Also my O'Rileys did not have them in stock but had them by noon the next day.