• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

converting a tractor to a dump

Danl

Danl M915A1

I didn't take any pictures today but got a lot done hoist controll is done air shift is done. down to the oil tank and Hoses than move body ahea 6 inches and bolt it down one more day I'll have picture of it dumping and working , I'll be happy when I'm done I think I can say It was hard to do but it was Fun

Danl

Danl M915A1

Jest about done , I took pictures but The sim card was in my PC . I got every thing hooked up today, I set the body forward 5 inches I took picture of that, I did it with chane and Bineders. I bolted it up than I spent the last part of the day welding. I have the front left corner left to weld. I will do that in the AM . By noon time I will raise the body for the frist time. Big day I hope that all the plumbing is in the right place. I had to gest on the inlet on the piston, I hope the lower port is the inlet. I'm beat now and I have 3 jobs backing up because I'v been, as my wife puts it Playing MV game athon, She dose not know how much work this has been. I'll make sure the sim card is in the Picture taker for the box raising.

Danl

Danl M915A1

The 915 is a short framed truck 11 foot 6 inch the shortes wheeler dump body is 12 feet. The body is short but deep, or high sided . and with a sub frame it really is hight. with out useing a sub frame you will have to gaine 6 inches in truck frame lenth, I made use of the tow blocks back there to set the end of the sub frame on. I also had the trim 1 inch off of the head board . the cab is so tall you will have to raise the head board 7 inches. You could do it when you leanthen the frame you can put the Pino hook out inches. It would be a lot of work. It took me a week I bet with out a sub frame the job would take 3 weeks

trukhead

I can see it made sense to use the subframe. I have a 1956 f700 ford with a 2-3 yard dump box on it and I thought of installing the dump box on my M35A3. I can see it would make sense just to cut the truck frame and use it as a subframe like you did.[thumbzup]

Danl

Danl M915A1

Well its all done less the painting I don't have the pic of yesturday. the frist pic is of the oil tank, about 3 gals of oil over flo out of the tank blew the cap rite off of the tank oops.dans truck 014.jpg poor asphalt. the 2nd picture is what I had to do with The nice stack pipe, it is now a muffler to bad, I put a down spout on it to night , the down spout and the real hanger is not in the picture.dans truck 016.jpg The 3rd picture is of the duel piston sisser lift, that thing is pretty cool.dans truck 013.jpgThe fourth picture is what I had the do with the towing block because the frame was to short , to make a wheeler but the hing pin are sitting on the block there is plentey of sorport, like this now," I hope"dans truck 012.jpg Of course My grand son Mason needs to get in a pic LOL He is PUPA little helper.dans truck 005.jpgThe Master at arms was with him I don't know where that pic went O well .He loves to Ride in The Truck in his booster seat he is King of the world. I did haul one load Of Graval to day all went good 12 yards and the springs held up really great, and the power with that load was unreal . In the morning I'm going to get the truck , to the Scales and I'll let you Guys know How heavy it is . and how many tons I can haul and be safe from DOT So one more post about the Scales and I'l be done the post , Its been fun doing this job and Telling you guys About it I looked forward to talking to You SS at night about this job , I hope you guys enjoyed it as well I seen lots of views and jest a few reply, I'm thinking not many Guys has done this typ of thing to there 915 good Night and god Bless

Attachments

trukhead

Great Job on the fine truck! The last bunch of pictures showed why it made total sense to use the subframe. There is a bunch of stuff mounted in the subframe.[thumbzup]

Danl

Danl M915A1

Well its done I went to the scales today the truck is 24 and High change, so we are calling it 25thousand pounds, I registered it for 54 thousand pounds. I can carry12 yards of gravel and it puts me at 52-53 thousand pounds. When I put on floaters tires, my front end Or front ex will be safe as far as over loading the front.. The bottom line is , what I did to this truck is as good as it can be . and Im glad of that. I seen no other one like it , If there is Please send pictures. I did load it up full to day And the truck worked good, real good . Frist gear could be lower, but I was frated hard. The truck took off from a dead stop a little on the week side once it was rolling and got 2nd gear she was off and running , pulled hills and jdans truck 004.jpg

dans truck 005.jpg

dans truck 006.jpg

dans truck 003.jpg

dans truck 001.jpg

dans truck 002.jpgest kept on trucking . GREAT SET UP . here are the last Pic . My wife had to post her jeep and Flowers. she says her jeep is no work Jest add gas and change oil rotat tires her flowers jest add water, Why would the MV bug make a man work this hard I DON"T KNOW

Danl

Danl M915A1

oboy I'm not done, the truck wont turn over this morning, I gust the truck don't want to go to work. I forgot to un hook the Battery on the last part of the welding, and now I think the starter is fryed any body got a tm on this starter deal Thanks

Danl

Danl M915A1

I put in a new starter all is good now. I do think that when you weld on 24 volt truck you have to unhook the batterys, some thing to do with the ground. I'm not sure , but it cost me a starter, time will tell if I scewed anything more up :whistle:

Danl

Danl M915A1

The truck worked all day 8 hours hauled gravel the truck worked well but after really working . After sitting in a lot for years,. I had to ajest the slack ajesters the one on the left far rear, is frose it wont move all the other took two turns. I'll free up the frozen one asap. and the front rear needs wheel seal. I thought that the wheel seal were bad, thats why I got a socket from a member a little while back. I'm not looking forward to doing that job. Hopefully after that job , I"ll be able to run her and have fun instead of fixing it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks