• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Deuce Air Filter - Donaldson P11-7551 doesn't exist?

TCB

Wix air filter

I called around and check the WIX P#42837 and found it to be at 365CFM- closer to the 410 but not spot on- probably better than my current semi dirty one but I am going to do the wash and check it. OEs are currently out of stock at the 3 places I tried.

Planning on a possible trip from MN to AZ in a couple weeks so time to get all freshened up.:driver:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resurrecting an old thread - new insights?

Resurrecting an old thread. I noticed that the current parts interchange list (sticky) http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/82427-deuce-parts-quick-reference-spreadsheet.html does not (no longer) provide air filter information.

What is the current wisdom on which industrial air filter is a match? Clearly, ordering from the many excellent vendors is preferred, but there should also be a local option. Parts numbers welcome.

Last edited:

TCB

The WIX #42837 worked fine for my trip from MN to Tucson AZ- Still looks fine- No problem noted- ran mix fuel the whole way- added 5 more 50 gallon tanks, blended before I left waste oil/gas/diesel (old from the tanks I bought ) and made it the whole way YES that is 300 gallons of capacity now- What a trip.:beer:

Bill W

As mentioned the NAPA/Wix filter will work but at a restricted airflow ( in pic the napa filter is on left stock oem on right ), now after saying that I had a napa filter in my first deuce for several years and she ran fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

JasonS

If air flow with the smaller filter is really a problem, it should trip the air filter indicator. If it does not, the air filter is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks