• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

couple q's, IP and cold weather kit

kx250m1

1. anyways I just got my second deuce delivered, after getting it I noticed that it started a lot quicker than my first when cold, after doing a little research I decided to try and turn up the pump a little on deuce 1, I turned it up 2 flats on the adjuster nut, so like 1/3 turn, it now seems to fire right away, I was just wondering what you think, should I get a pyrometer, or should I be fine as it seems it was to low to begin with, truck also struggled on long hills before this adjustment, but I haven't tried any long hills since.

2. While looking over deuce #2, I found it had what I believe to be a cold weather kit, "canvas with plexiglass areas for the light to shine through", and as I don't plan on driving these in the winter I was wondering what this was worth, if anything, and whether it would be worth putting it on ebay, or just keeping it with my truck

Attachments

renovate7

Similiar question here. If I just hit the starter button it cranks but won't start. If I hold the "gas" pedal down about 1/3 it fires right up. I also don't seem to have much acceleration/power in 4th or 5th. We have a lot of steep hills here, seriously, and am wondering if I should turn up the pump a little?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I push the TM troubleshooting the 465 as offten as I can. This TM is like a simple tune up guide and will show you how to check boost at 1600 and 2400 rpm along with the fuel pressures to make the hp/tq. at stock settings.