• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cruisin' Southern Maryland For Veterans this Saturday?

USMC4302

Will any other MV's be coming down to Southern Maryland Saturday (25 May 2013)for the Cruisin Southern Maryland for Vets? http://www.cruisinmd.com/ The annual event raises money for the Veterans' Home in Charlotte Hall. I'm planning on cruisin' in the 817 :) (my wife is not). Hope to see/meet any of you there.

Semper Fi!

USMC4302

Kohburn -- The details are on the site, but essentially, check-in starts at 0730 at Budd's Creek (MIR) and then the cruise makes stops at Brandywine Crossing, Prince Frederick, Leonardtown and the Veterans' Home in Charlotte Hall. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun. Plus, it's for a great cause and the veterans in the home come out and really appreciate all the support. We didn't have a single military vehicle last year (I didn't have my 5-ton at the time), so I was hoping not to be the only one this year.

I'd love to have another big green iron machine to cruise with ...

USMC4302

2013-05-25 16.44.06.jpg Here's the 817 at the end -- all told, about 120 miles and no problems. It was a fun day. At the veterans' home, they parked me next to the '39 Fiat. The biggest participant with the smallest -- it was a great photo op. Today, it was back to work -- made another manure pickup for our compost operation. So much for the clean tires ...