• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS and 14R20 to No CTIS and 395/85/20

WV New Guy

Looking in the next few weeks to go from 14r20s to 395/85/20 on new rims . Just how much will be involved to get the new wheels to work ?
Will I need to get a delete kit to block off the hubs?

This is my 1st tire and wheel change the XLs are looking worse by the day so time for them to go in hopes of attending Graves mountain in the fall since my arm injury prevented Rousch creek in the spring .

Any tips rips and pointers will be appreciated .

thanks Dave

WV New Guy

After hours of looking I finally found the TM 9-2320-272-10 3-44 to 3-52 looks like I will be attempting one tire at a time for that disaster. Looking like a whole weekend project once my arm is healed Oh Boy!

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did it over the last few weeks. 395/85R20's removed from MRAP wheels replaced the 14R20's that were on it. I did it one at a time with basic tools and the 1 inch impact wrench I ended up getting when my 1/2 inch would not budge the wheel half nuts. It took forever but was not really all that hard. Send me a PM if you want me to walk you through anything specific. FYI, I kept the CTIS and it still seems to work as normal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks