• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

K45

I might have missed it while reading but your headliner is that the one from LMc with the speakers? If so how well was it to install? does it seem flimsy or sturdy? Thanks. Looking good by the way

aboonski

Really coming along there! Did that transmission that you got from me do you any good? I still haven't put that exhaust part on my deuce yet! Also need to get tickets to the meet pretty soon. I was wondering if you were going to put a tilt wheel in your truck along with all the other luxuries? Al Broadbent

Hey Mike, are using a 64bit Operating system? Because if not it wont be able to see or use all 8 gb of ram. If you need or want it I can hook you up with Vista Ultimate 64bit. Also If you need any help in the computer department let me know. I have a foot locker and several bins full of spare computer parts. Also are you using a wireless 3G card from a cell provider for internet? I have one im not using from AT&T its PCMIA so I would take an adapter to make it work in a desktop, but its compact and will give you internet on the road. And you can share your connection through your router.

OK some pics... Window motor installed, door lock also... I'm liking this set up!

Steering colum... completely dissembled, sand blasted, powder coated, switches all cleaned and lubed... ready to go back in.

The start on the computer... Micro ATX, 12V 360 watt power supply (designed for vehicle use), 500gb SATA drive (have 2), surround sound, HDMi video... all in a 11X11" foot print... Pretty sweet! It will have a full 8 gigs of RAM when installed, one terabyte of writable drive and will control almost everything in the truck. Should be pretty mind bending!

I also up'ed the anty so to speak and got a wireless router designed for broadband cards... When installed anyone with WiFi can use their computer inside or near the truck... It will be nice for the rally, kids, etc!!!

Last edited:

HardCorps79

When I bought the M1009, I really didn't intend to do anything to make it "prettier". It was going to be a beater for daily driving and weekend play in the woods. But now, you've got me thinking...

Looks great!

ABN173

I just read both the diablo thread and this one......incredible, I'm in awe.....I hope to one day accomplish 25% of what he has done. Of course I will keep some stuff stock of close to, but I definitely want to customize a MV one day.

:not worthy:

marine0311

I have a parts truck that I can cut up before it goes to scrap but I might be too far away.

I want to do a turret too... I'm assuming you're going to hack the rear top to put one on... let's hear some brainstorming ideas on how you plan to execute it.

Later,
Joe
You know i wanted to get two seperate tops one for a slant conversion and one for a turret top and a gunners shield. I think they would both look great on a cucv. it almost would seem right if you did a turret top cucv.....if you can just picutre an M-60 right on top of it....................yeah:)

marine0311

When I bought the M1009, I really didn't intend to do anything to make it "prettier". It was going to be a beater for daily driving and weekend play in the woods. But now, you've got me thinking...

Looks great!
Hey your from MO were practially neighbors! I see your a SGTMJ in the corps well that's where i'm headed.

dc3coyote

Do I need to plan a couple extra days when I come down there to get my 880, and hold him at wrench point to get his project done. I know hes busy but Brittany really wants to see it complete, she fell in love with that truck just from the discription.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks