• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Heater Fan and GEN1 Issues

etech

here is a weird set up, when I flip the heater/ fan switch on my gen 1 light comes on, when in the off position it goes out, any suggestions? also no fan action. and any one put a 6.5 turbo on the cucv, thats going to be my next project, I just installed my HID head lights this weekend.

Last edited:

Mudstone

the gen1 and heater are not friends... check your grounds. that was my issue when having the same problem... insufficient amperage i believe to the blower motor. i actually still have to finish cleaning all the contacts.

K9Vic

etech,

If you are going to put a 6.5 turbo in your truck, there is no need to keep it 24v unless you work on and need to jump 24v equipment.

Cleaning contacts on these old trucks can/will make a difference and a cheap fix. The M1009 I just got that was sitting in a field for like 5-6 years had rusted glow plug contact tips and would take too long to start, cranked for 4-6 seconds. After cleaning the contacts and connectors it started in under like 1 second as it should. So I would start there and clean the contacts, that may be your issue.

etech

thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. Ill try it. However I did clean most of the contacts on the fire wall when I was trying to get my alt working. But ill dig deeper to find the prob. On another note once in a while the starter won't grab and makes a high pitch screeching sound. I think its a alighnment issue just need to shim it? As for the 6.5 turbo I planned to keep it 24vdc. As it will stay all mechanical I'm just looking for a little more power to pull the 37's that are in its future. I talked to heath diesel and they said it would work well but I have to keep the boo
st around a max if 8 to 10 psi. I was also thinking about installing a intercooler. But most say its not needed. Let me know what you think. I'm alwasy open to suggestions. And again thanks for the help.

grayw0lf

here is a weird set up, when I flip the heater/ fan switch on my gen 1 light comes on, when in the off position it goes out, any suggestions? also no fan action. and any one put a 6.5 turbo on the cucv, thats going to be my next project, I just installed my HID head lights this weekend.
I had the exact same thing, along with other fuse panel issues. The fuse panel looked kinda nasty where the heater fuse was. I bypassed the fuse panel w/ an inline fuse & haven't had any problems since.

Also, if you are having more fuse panel problems, AutoZone sells a great little helper. Its a 6 or 8 fuse panel. Feed in the hot & then just add wires as you need them. Each line out has its own fuse, so you can keep the correct size fuses for each. A new fuse panel & wiring harnesses would be ideal, but this is much more practical, IMHO.

etech

thanks for the tip. I had issues with my headlights and the fuse panel, so that may be the problem, the contacts in the fuse panel are dirty and in bad shape.. I'll check there. any one on here turbo the 6.2 with 6.5 parts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks