• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II 2000 Crew Cab

Stonepicker1

A 2000??

Guess the 4 door long beds took a couple years to catch up with the 1999 body style change.
It's only a 2500! I would have guessed they would have been 3500's.

Neither of the above items reduce the cool factor though :drool:
Take a look at the VIN....the 5th and 6th dig in the vin(K/3)shows it as a FULL SIZE TRUCK, 4X4, 3500(1 TON). The 10th dig is a Y which is 2000 year date.
The CUCV-II that i'm driving now is also a 3500(1 Ton)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmm....
things have changed

all of what I have had the payload capacity has been greater than the 1500, 2500, 3500 badging, (or at least very close to) I was going by the 2575 lb payload on the data plate

It's good I learned something new today!

Last edited:

big block 88

Nice find, they are much more refined than the CUCV of past.

My question is what branch used these?? I have never seen them here in KS on Ft Riley or the local armories, just curious why?

GPrez

CA sales tax is a killer. It's worth what you are willing to pay. I saw that one on there myself, but wouldn't even consider something so far away for me. So is a dually going to be up for sale soon?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the registration number on the data plate, i'm guessing U.S. Navy.

Per NAVFAC P-300, Section 2.10, Figure 2-5, "94" series registration numbers are assigned to light trucks up to 10,000 GVW.

Last edited: