• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv leak at fuel filter

azpatriot

Hell, I'm moving from Mesa to Tucson next summer to work at DM so I don't see why not. Where'd you buy your filter setup and were there alot of mods required?

Wile E. Coyote

My filter is leaking too. .
They had a problem with the fuel pressure switch body leaking, which is that round thing you're left staring at if you take the filter off the base. It doesn't even do anything on the CUCVs except interface to the STE/ICE tester, from what I remember, but they were cheap enough at Front Line Military Vehicle Parts that I just replaced the two that were leaking in the CUCVs I deal with regularly and problem solved. I just dug the old one out with a screwdriver, I think, and reinstalled the new one with an appropriately-sized socket.

The other thing they had problems with was the early versions of the bleeder screws/seals. Wish I could tell you what an early bleeder looks like compared to a late one but I honestly don't remember. Anyhow, they drip too.

One day someone's going to have to collate all the various CUCV problems and woes from the army's 'PS' magazine into a handy-dandy reference book. I'm sure there'll be lots of takers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks