• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV pickup charging issues?

Firedog7051

We have a CUCV pickup as a forestry vehicle for my fire department, and it seems to be constantly draining the batteries, so I thought I'd pose the question here since none of us have any idea about this vehicle. My first question would be what are the 2 alternators supposed to be? 12 volts in series or 24volts in parallel? Second would be is there a slave receptacle on these vehicles, and if so where? The truck is parked right next to our M35A2 brush truck so it'd be much easier throwing a slave cable on than waiting for a charger to give the batteries some juice. The batteries are fairly recent and from what I've heard have been load tested ok.

TIA!

MVtrucker

I can't explain the drain, but I can tell you that the slave receptacle should be on the right front, behind the brush guard. Single pin NATO.

n1vbn

Where is the fire department. I live in Derry, NH and would be willing to come down and trouble shoot the truck with you. Between the two of us we should figure it out.