• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Puke

l1a1man

My M1009 has been running great. I have noticed once in a while I will find about 1/8 of a cup of diesel under the passenger side from the engine. I have looked every where and can't find a leak. Anyone else have this happen?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Check your fuel filter drain, and bleed fittings, and the fuel connections coming off the filter to the hardlines under the back of the intake manifold on the passenger side.

stampy

There is a drain off the filter housing I believe, and it is routed around the spot you are talking about. (overpressure drain?)

Westech

CPL
mine started to do that then it took a dump and started sucking air in and the truck would not start. If I were a betting man I would say time to replace the filter housing.

91W350

Marking its territory, I love it!

My original M1008 would do that and it was the lift pump. It would leak into the crossmember, the fan would blow it back on the pan rail, then it dripped off of the right rear corner of the block.

Croatan_Kid

My vote goes to lift pump, especially if it sat for a while. The diaphram in the pump will dry out, crack, and start leaking. Mine did the same thing....so I swapped the whole motor out :-D...eventually, lol. Now the lift pump is on the driver's side :roll:

l1a1man

If you are talking about the one in your avatar, that is a very nice looking truck! Glen
Yep, that is my baby. Changing the heater core right now. Will get better pics soon and the interior. Donne, that was easy.

Last edited: