• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVs at GL lot at Hill AFB in Utah

uh60

Has anyone been to the GL lot at Hill AFB in Utah latley? I hope to pick up my 1008 soon and was wondering if the driveshafts have been bent by forklifts? Any info would be great thanks.

utsurplus

Hi It's good to see another person from utah. I was beginning to think there wasn't anyone else. I am at the base daily so if anyone wants a closer look at a lot I will try and help. I bought a vehicle there this spring, most seemed to be in good shape like they handle them fairly carefully. I did buy an older crew cab ford there that probably had the drive shaft slightly bent, but that could have been the AZ NG messing around in it. I did get a deuce from HILL earlier this spring that was in nice shape. :)

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
All 3 of the CUCV'c I've bought from GL had bent driveshafts (Barstow, and Pineville).....I'd count on it being bent, and if it's not good deal!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've only been to a handful of GL/DRMO sites, but I'd say that the staff generally don't care what happens to the trucks. That definitely is a generalization as I have not been to many sites. I've seen where employees shove the trucks around with forklifts, pick them up with forklifts...whatever it takes to get them out of their way. I've seen GL reps fire up deuces in cold weather and immediately start revving the motor before the oil pressure has even come up. It seems to me that these employees need instruction before they are trusted to operate these trucks. I made particular note not to bid on that truck, but, to be fair, they probably did it to all of the trucks and that is how they know they run when they draft the item descriptions.

gocmndo

When I got my CUCV from Hill I couldn't go over 25 mph until I had the crive shaft re-tubed at Six States. It was picked up at least 3 times judging from the drive shaft.
I will be up there tomorrow morning picking up a trailer and I always look at what is over on the west side of the lot.
Let me know if you would like me to check anything out for you.

uh60

Well the EUC has cleared!!! I will be picking up my M1008 the first week of july. I requested leave before I knew the EUC cleared what luck. I guess if it turns out that the drive shaft is bent I will take care of it. It sounds like they dont let you work on the trucks in the lot. But I can use the auto hobby shop at hill to fix it.

gocmndo

I took a look at your CUCV this morning and your drive shaft looks fine. The seat looks brand new. Looks like it is a runner and moves under its own power.
Are you waiting for your EUC?

uh60

I just got the EUC I will be picking up the truck on July 1st. Thanks for checking it out!!! I am in AZ on active duty with the guard. I have to take leave to get back to Utah.

superburban

UH60,
How much did you pay for your M1008, if you dont mind me asking. I was going to bid on it, but got busy with my own stuff and forgot! Lucky you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks