• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

wilfreeman

As long as she's running like a champ now. The lining can wait! Mine runs ok, but if you run her on the road for an hour she starts acting up. The cam needs replacing and new exhaust valve guides. I need to get my spare engine rebuilt and a few other things before the rally to make sure she makes the bbq convoy and the trail ride.

TB58

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. I imagine that's a sad day for you and all your buddies. And I hope you ARE around for the show. [thumbzup]

What is the replacement?
bikeman is correct. The replacement is planned to be AH-64's couppled with UAV's. We have our own thoughts on how it will work, if I am able to make it to the rally I will be more than happy to share my thoughts.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bikeman is correct. The replacement is planned to be AH-64's couppled with UAV's. We have our own thoughts on how it will work, if I am able to make it to the rally I will be more than happy to share my thoughts.
You'll make it, and hopefully AHAB will make it down this year also.....

driver200150

How far is the Uwharrie trail ride and will they let 5 tons in.
Uwharrie is about 15 miles from the farm park. Maily with the bigger trucks we are talking about riding the dirt roads around. Their mite be a couple trails we can hit with the 5 tons. Most of the trails can be hit with a jeep or cucv or Hummer. Their is a what they call the soup bowl that everyone can play in. Just a big mud hole. Coming from the soup bowl is a trail called Falls Dam . That trail we may have a better chance of going through with the bigger trucks but are talking about taking a deuce and seeing what rails can be hit with the bigger trucks but that will not happen until the first of april. We will advise more after that. If we hit the trails the passes are $5.00 a day for each vehicle.

driver200150

Anywhere to spray off if it's a full mud hole before we head back to the Farm Park?
I looked and there is a lazer wash in denton. Which wont be worth a crap for the bigger trucks. Their are a few car washes down in troy which is about 10 miles south of uwharrie. Ill continue looking and see if i can find a carwash closer to the farm park.

Ford Mechanic

Sometimes extremely dry, like dust cloud dry. The roads going into Uwharrie are gravel, and if it hasn't rained recently they get very dusty. Maybe in April it will be early enough in the season to not be so bad.
That would be great for me, I'm not much on mud over ankle deep. To much maintenance to do after and I hate washing a truck.

TacMac2012

New here, but I plan on attending. I own a car lot on the north side of Winston-Salem, but the military vehicle bug seems to have bitten myself and a friend of mine that also owns a car lot. I hope to have a couple HMMWV's there. I might be up for riding to Uwharrie as well. I have a friend that took his HMMWV to Uwharrie without issue, said he ran every trail there. I have an old Jeep for an off-road rig but may be up for taking one of the HMMWV's along on the trail ride. Anything larger than a HMMWV would most definitely need to stay off Daniel, Dickey Bell, and Dutch John (unless you have a no care attitude).

wilfreeman

Welcome - the more the merrier! The Denton show is usually a pretty good time and with these local guys stepping up to add other fun things to the rally (ie: bbq convoy and also a trail ride added this year), it is getting better every year! Last year during the last campfire, we talked about adding the trail ride - I want to thank all of you that are going out of your way to research and put this together this year! And of course, I want to thank Pat and Blake for stepping up AGAIN this year to handle the bbq convoy. I wish I were closer so that I could help plan some of this stuff to take some of the load off of you guys.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I second that! I should be there early enough to help setup the MKT and will hang long enough to take it down. And we be happy to help anyone else set up who needs it.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really looking forward to this year... and hoping no issues with the M880. Working on tires and rims now. Going to have to figure out the sleeping arrangements. guess I gotta get my butt in gear regarding the whole tarp/canvas setup on the M880.

tacticalmike

Welcome - the more the merrier! The Denton show is usually a pretty good time and with these local guys stepping up to add other fun things to the rally (ie: bbq convoy and also a trail ride added this year), it is getting better every year! Last year during the last campfire, we talked about adding the trail ride - I want to thank all of you that are going out of your way to research and put this together this year! And of course, I want to thank Pat and Blake for stepping up AGAIN this year to handle the bbq convoy. I wish I were closer so that I could help plan some of this stuff to take some of the load off of you guys.
Thank You SIR! james, pat and I became good friends by way of MV TRUCKS and we are more than happy to step up the game to make this more enjoyable and family friendly as ever. we do it because we love the cause. the better our hobby gets the better for everyone all around that enjoys this type of hobby. we will also be helping out again next year for the same event. it needs to grow in order to survive. hope to see everyone there! thanks!

CGarbee

I have put the event on my work calendar...
I plan to arrive early with the MKT and the XM813, but I'll have to leave right after breakfast on Sunday (got to get back to Raleigh for an early afternoon event...)...

I'll post up a menu and prices about a month ahead of time so that folks can plan/sign up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks