• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at Camp Dodge

tjmilitary

Has anyone picked up a deuce from camp dodge IA? What kind of condition are the trucks in? How are the GL guys to work with? Thanks For your help.

chvss65

I picked up a trailer there about a month ago. Easy in and out, Sgt in charge was very easy to work with, he was the contact person on base, as far as the condition, thats a GL crapshoot, My trailer was listed as an M101A1, but was a M101A2 with 5 year old CARC, and none of that was listed on the auction.
If you are going to do a recovery, I may be able to help you, if you need it, just PM me.

rat4spd

I got a deuce, a 105A2, and a MEP003 from there. There were all in good shape. By and large from what I hear, they are (the M35's) in decent shape for the most part. Pickups are Wednesdays only. SGT Birkenholtz is th POC, and he is great to work with.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have got 4 from Dodge. All were in better shape than most recovered in the east. You have the SGt that Rat4spd mentioned who is a very nice man who will work with you. Good luck.

tjmilitary

This will be my first deuce what sould I bring with and is there anything i should do when I pick it up? I plan on driving it back home about 5 hours.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When are you heading there? Or which Wednesday I guess I should say. I might be there this week, if anyone close has room to store a couple deuces for a few days let me know.

reb87

Im planning on getting my wrecker on wednesday if I hear back from the Sargent. Maybe Ill see you there.

dittle

Any of you guys going to Dodge care to take a look at the deuce that I just won and let me know how mechanically stable it looks? It is event 4514 item 7535. GL took 10 days (8 business) just to look at my EUC and now have requested corrections....even though I filled it out exactly as I did for my other EUC???? Must be who is looking over the EUC that determines if it fits what they consider correct.

Attachments

reb87

I checked it out. The batteries are dead wouldnt even light a bulb, but oil was up to level and there is antifreeze in the radiator. The antifreeze was low but I could see it just touching the bottom of the elbow for the cap. Tires were all up, the truck looks good with heat and air transfercase. Sargent Birkenholts(SP) was push starting a m818 when I got there. My m816 started right up:-D

dittle

Well my EUC got sent to BC yesterday so depending on how long it takes the Deuce may not be there for you gentlemen to look at for me. If it is not thank you all for offering to check it out for me....if it is please drool at it for me :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks