• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Battries

WyoDeuce

Buy the wall-mart ones. $77 each. I put them in deuces all the time and have had them in mine for 3 years. They start fine in even the coldest weather. ( I started at -39 this past winter here in Wyoming) Buy a pack of el-cheapo ratchet straps while you are at it. Use 1 strap to wrap around the 2 batteries holding them together as 1 unit. Use another strap or 2 to hold the unit down in the battery box. Cheap, simple and effective. You don't have to modify anything so if you sell your truck to a purist it is still stock millitary spec. if they want millitary batteries instead.

Chevyman_15237

I just put 2 new Deka 6TMF batteries in my deuce... list price is around $200, I got mine for $160 a pop. I thought about doing car batteries myself, but they arent built to the same spec as the stock batteries. The way my deuce shakes, rattles and vibrates I wanted something heavy duty that would last... Not trying to say car batteries wouldn't work; thats just the route I decided to take!

kipman

The interstate Econo battery's that are in my deuce going on 4 years, and my partner has them in over 75 of his trucks, deuce and 5 tons. I do not like the military 6TL battery's, they do not like to be discharged.

70deuce

I also have the Walmart $77 batteries in my deuce and BV206. They have been in he BV for 5 years and have always started it up with no problems after sitting for months. Same for the deuce. For the deuce I bolted 2 marine/rv battery trays to the bottom of the battery box. They each have nylon straps that hold the batteries in place. Fairly cheap mod to do. Has a pretty clean look also. I'll add some pictures shortly.