• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce generator pulley/ belt squeaking

rhyne6262

I have this squeak that is coming from the geneartor pulley/ belt on my deuce. The belts are the correct size. I unpluged the generator and the sqauwling was still there. Took the generator off and sanded the mounting brackets to make sure that I good get maximum tightness on the belts. When I spray belt dressing in them the noise stops for 5 seconds. As I continue to mess with the generator the squeak is not as loud. Does anyon have any suggestions?
Regards
Adam

Pinkie

Replace the belts and clean the pulleys so no oil is on them? I know when I did that with my air compressor all the noise stopped.

J.R.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks