• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Is there a difference between LDS AND LD PISTON AND LINERS?

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the misfortune of having a piston breaking off a chunk between the top ring and top of piston, I shut down real fast. Everything is apart, piston and liner bad, Head ok, PROBLEM, everywhere I look there's parts for LDS and LDT, My truck is a1971 am gen, LD 465 as is my 68 Kaiser M109, IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No difference.
Sleeves are the same for all 465 engines: part no. 10935239
Pistons and rings are the same for all Code C,D,E-engines: part no. 11668483

LDS pistons (Codes A;B,F) may be different to what you have, but still the same diameter.

G.

Last edited:

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrob, Thanks, Monkeyboy has a piston liner set, I'm going to see him this afternoon, he is right up the road form me. Thanks again for all you do, if you need help, just call.

Monkeyboyarmy

So it looks as if the LDS piston I have is heavier than the LDT piston that we are trying to replace. The original LDT piston weighs 6.885 pounds with the wrist pin without the top ring (top ring was gone ). The new LDS piston weighs 7.165 pounds with the wrist pin and all of the rings and 7.103 pounds without the top ring. So we are in search of a good used LDT piston and liner with a piston part number of 10951244.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks