• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce-less

number9

Sold my truck today. Had been thinking about selling it as Ive got the bug for a 923/925 sitting on 16:00's, but hadn't actually put it up for sale yet. Someone called asking about it, came to look at it and drove it home. He's gonna make a drilling rig out of it. The boys don't much like that I sold "their army truck". Hated to watch it drive away but oh well, now I can start a serious watch for a 900 series I guess. Maybe even luck out and have one in time for Haspin!

Heavysteven

Man, thats sad to hear. My deuce was in line with yours a couple years ago at Frank Fort. I hope you find a nice M923.

Got to say it though.....why not keep it and just buy a M923?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Had been thinking about selling it as Ive got the bug for a 923/925 sitting on
Get your money right.........there have been some really good ones coming out of Redstone lately....I got a nice LWB one last week.

There is at least one more LWB W/W truck there that hasn't been lotted yet.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I got a really nice M923 out of Barstow a few weeks back. I think that you and your boys will be really happy once that M9xx comes rolling home. They're neat trucks.

gunboy1656

Better watch out, that guy who bought it to make it into a drill rig will be coming back for that 5 ton next, especially when he finds out the deuce is not the best setup for it.

The guy I bought my 220 from used it as a drill rig, and sold it plus his 5 M35's to update to the 800 series 5 tons.

wsucougarx

I had a guy ask me if I wanted to sell 1 of my 3 deuces. My response...NO WAY!! I'm holding onto my deuces:driver:. Albeit, the M923 is my project truck right now. I love my trucks:-D

spartan_185

I know the feeling seeing something that you get attached to drive away with someone else at the wheel. I sold both of my deuces and somehow ended up with 3 M939 series trucks and Ive never looked back since. They are a great improvement over the deuces, plus I know that one of my deuces went to a fellow member that is taking great care of her now.

ABN173

After having continuous fuel problems with my deuce I have been tempted to sell mine and buying a Unimog to replace it.
Don't do it, Deuces are becoming scarce. It's not the type of truck, you just have a few bugs to work out.

Sounds like we need to have a mini rally to work on Amrams truck.......Scott?......Scott??.....where is the rally master when you need him?
Yeah Dan Amram (Mike) needs a bit of help, I think that was why he wanted to have a working grill out or something.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack
-Dale

number9

See but now you have to go and change your Avatar.:driver:
DANG!! I didn't even think about that! :doh:

Man, thats sad to hear. My deuce was in line with yours a couple years ago at Frank Fort. I hope you find a nice M923.

Got to say it though.....why not keep it and just buy a M923?
Yea, I remember that. Actually, there's a few guys on here that got trucks out of that lot.

Just had got my fill of the Deuce I guess. I liked it and it was a good truck but it was just time. And, selling it will help offset the purchase of a 900 series and leave funds for other toys. I've got too many hobbies :-D

I don't think I could sell my deuce for a newer MV, I'm too emotionally vested.
Out of all the vehicles and motorcycles I've owned I'm only attached to a 1979 Chevy truck my Dad bought new (when I was 6) and drove to work in the mines every day for about 15 years. Every Friday him or Papaw would pick me up from Moms in that truck and bring me back on Sundays. When I was about 20 Dad was going to sell it and I told him I wanted to buy it and he just gave it to me. That truck has had the engine rebuilt 3 times, trans twice and you could throw a cat through about any body panel on it. It's nothing to look at, but I'd not sell that truck for ANY price. Way too many memories in that one. I still go just sit in it sometimes, just to sit there and remember. Nope, that's one that will never leave.

Get your money right.........there have been some really good ones coming out of Redstone lately....I got a nice LWB one last week.

There is at least one more LWB W/W truck there that hasn't been lotted yet.
Good to hear, I definitely want to get a GOOD one upfront that will be a keeper for a long time. Cry once and be done with it.

Better watch out, that guy who bought it to make it into a drill rig will be coming back for that 5 ton next, especially when he finds out the deuce is not the best setup for it.

The guy I bought my 220 from used it as a drill rig, and sold it plus his 5 M35's to update to the 800 series 5 tons.
He actually has several other 800 series 5-tons that he uses for drilling rigs. He said he was wanting to build a smaller rig and that was the reason for the Deuce purchase. He acted like he thought it would work out fine for what he had in mind for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks