• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Recovery in Hou Tx

Nitrodiver

Going to look at a potential Deuce to buy tomorrow. I feel fairly confident that I can make a deal with the seller if the truck checks out ok. Seller says brakes don't work, saw that one coming. If I do decide to buy the truck before I get out on the road in a 13K vehicle with single stage brakes I want to have confidence that the brakes work Everytime. Rather than make a mess in his yard fixing the brakes and with shipment times for parts, return trips ect. The only way to know for sure is to go through the entire brake system. Anyone in the Houston/Galveston area with a deuce or 5 ton and tow bar that would be willing to tow it home for me? It will need to go from Dickinson area to Baytown area. If the deal goes through and it's ok with the seller to leave it for a week possible move 4/15-16. I'm happy to throw in a case of adult beverages, buy lunch ect for your time and effort.

I hate doing things last min. This deal just popped up out of nowhere.
If you can help I'd appreciate it.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smart move by not trying to drive it yet. I have always gone thru the entire brake system and when in doubt, replace,replace,replace. Don't risk it to save a couple bucks.

Nitrodiver

If someone happens to be retired or works shift work that could flat tow it during the week (google says 70ish mi) I'll certainly take a day off work to get it moved.

Waiting to hear back on wrecker quotes now....cringe.

Nitrodiver

After 3days of calling the seller and no answer or call back I decided to drive the 70mi (one way) to his house and make physical contact with him. Knocked on the front door, no answer. Walked around to the back thinking he may be in the barn. No one to be found. A few more steps and no deuce! It was gone. Just what I thought, he sold it out from under me. I'm a reasonable person money talks I get it. But what aggravates me most is he wouldn't answer my calls And didn't call me back and say he got a better offer and sold it. He has yet to call me back, and never will! All of the time trying to line up a way to get it home both with this thread and hours on the phone calling wrecker services getting prices ect. All waisted time and effort, that didn't help my aggravation level at all! I'm not the first and I won't be the last this has happened to. Some people have no (insert expletive) common courtesy or decency!!

Once home I decided I'd call about a couple of the other trucks locally. The next day I went and looked at another deuce told the seller about the other "deal". Wound up settling on a price, that was more than I really wanted to spend. But that deuce had the bows, cargo cover and winch where the previous truck didn't and the brakes worked really good. That meant I could drive it home. Made the 75 mi drive with no issues got her home just fine.

So now I have a 67 Kaiser m35a2 w/w seller said it was a USMC truck. I'll have to try to verify that. Sorry for the rant just thought those that offered to help may want to know what had happened. Thank you to those that offered to help!

Let the the sickness begin...... for real this time!
i know pics or it didn't happen.....

Welder1

You are better off with a nicer truck. Your money ahead with one that everything works and you can enjoy it right off. Have fun.

m715mike

The aggravation sucks, but it looks like it was meant to be. You got one heck of a good looking truck! Congratulations on the acquisition and successful recovery!!

Nitrodiver

Thanks everyone. If there ever was a "Everthing happens for a reason" this is it. In the end I got a better truck. For some reason you can't see all the cracks and paint that's pealing. So time to give the ole girl a face lift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks