• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trans adapting

beaubeau

There is a big factor in not using Overdrive in a Deuce or any other Low geared vehicle, Top speed in a Deuce is approx. 42mph. That is fine off road, but not highway or even secondary roads.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How come you got this massive repower of an MV and we haven't seen a single pic? Sumptin fishy here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Been looking for parts and finding dead end roads. Trying to make parts isn't any fun either. I will post a pic tonight.

gimpyrobb

Sweet, got my bearings set to go. Motor comes out tonight and the flywheel, clutch, etc goes in. Next up 205 mounts.

gimpyrobb

Stretch44875 said:
Where's a homeowner's organization when you need one....
They are scared of me, if they know whats good for them.

Also, got the clutch and flywheel etc, in. No room for the throw out lever to move! More to do.

oilcan

Man, look at all those hippies.
When the homeowners association comes knocking, just show 'em your key to the city. That'll shut 'em up! rofl

Your 205 jackshaft is going in the mail this afternoon.

gimpyrobb

Thanks Adam! Well since Haspin looms near, I clearanced the firewall. I might redo it later, but it gets the job done. I picked up the 2-2-597 flange today. It makes the deuce trans output a 1310 ujoint.

gimpyrobb

Got the jackshaft today. I also found the driver's side manifold I needed. Working on the Z-bar clutch linkage now. Just an update after a bite to eat.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, this thread sure died a painful dealth until Tacoma resaurrected it. Workin on it Gimp?

gimpyrobb

Well, I sent him a PM but it went unanswered. I know he has alot on his plate so I forged on. The whole project got put to the side for a bit, but I am gearing up to slam it out. WMO filter setup took alot of time and I have taken on some side jobs to help ends meet. The "7" was my first MV and is still the "family favorite". I can't wait to get it running as my pickup will be sold shortly after and then I will be in the market for a 1009. :shock:

JasonS

nhdiesel said:
My father (Beaubeau) needs to keep in mind that you should NOT tow in overdrive- the gears are much weaker. He wouldn't have had a problem if he had stayed in 4th. Of course it won't be an issue in my 7500 lb. truck, even with a 10k lb. trailer. But in a 13k lb. truck with a 20k lb. load behind it...4th would have been wise.

Here is another question- why not just use the Clark tranny? Other than not being synchro'd and possibly not having OD (depending on model), it would be a great alternative to the Spicer. For an off road vehicle, or for heavy use, OD probably wouldn't be missed much.

Jim
The old adage of not towing in overdrive comes from weak planetary overdrives. The multifuel deuce transmission does not use a planetary overdrive. It uses the same type of gearset as the lower gears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks