• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Use?

aximony

As a novice to this forum, I have noticed that many members either own or are looking to purchase an M35. But, I'm a bit unclear as to why it's so popular.

Is it a collectors item for many, or is it just a good truck to haul stuff?

I almost feel like I should surrender to peer pressure and get one ;), but I'm not sure why I'd need one.

Last edited:

croftonaviation

There is a thread on here about why own a deuce. I would post a link to it but that is beyond my technical capabilities. If you search the deuce forums you will see many uses for these trucks.

Viper350

Most people just buy a deuce because they like them. That is enough of a reason for me. I might do some hauling and tow something every now and then but over all, I just think that it is a cool thing to have. Why do people buy 200 mph sports cars when the speed limit in most places is only 65??? Its just all in what you want nothing more nothing less but this is just my opinion.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a very good thread out there along the lines of "why did you buy your deuce?" or something like that.

steelandcanvas

Do not surrender to peer pressure. Get one because you want one, not because someone else thinks you should have one. When I drive my Deuce, it's an unexplaineable rush. I also enjoy belonging to a Club with Guys and Gals that enjoy driving them in Parades and such.

markmontana

...I'm a bit unclear as to why it's so popular.
If you have to ask... ;-)

I almost feel like I should surrender to peer pressure and get one...
Now that is a statement I can understand! I noticed that on the same day I won an auction for a deuce- my body hair started to grow, my voice lowered and girls started to notice me. Not bad for a 16 yr old- but great for a 55 yr old guy!

shannondeese

I bought one because as a kid I watched two of my older brothers drive them when they were in the Army. Now that I have one I drive her all the time because she makes me smile. The second one I'm still trying to figure out how it made it home but it's there now so no worries. I think my first one got lonley and was wispering in my ear or maybe screaming.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one CUZ I CAN.

Too many things are getting so YOU CAN'T, even if you wanted to.

Besides, I spent more on the transmission in my Chevelle than I did on the whole truck. Can't beat that.

Heavysteven

I bought one because as a kid I watched two of my older brothers drive them when they were in the Army. Now that I have one I drive her all the time because she makes me smile. The second one I'm still trying to figure out how it made it home but it's there now so no worries. I think my first one got lonley and was wispering in my ear or maybe screaming.

You have a good point, these trucks should come in pairs

toddm

I bought mine because I always wanted one and the time was right for me to buy it and my wife said it was OK, that's an important one!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the main reason so many people have them is because they are so cheap. If a "run of the mill" M35A2 cost 10k I bet there wouldn't be near as many owners.

Just about every male (and some females) has wanted a big truck ever since they were a kid. Most bigger vehicles are out of most people's price range. The deuce fills the void.

I've wanted alot of stuff since I was a kid. Most of the stuff I can't afford. :cry:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks