• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dual 52" tires on a single axle deuce

deuce_09

my buddy made a suggestion..instead of runnin singles all the way around, i should run duel 52's on the rear and instead of using a trailor bed for a bobbed deuce bed, i should just cut the deuce bed shorter
is his suggestion dumb or does he have a good idea??

Jakob

I have thought about doing something like that. Only I want to keep the truck the stock length. Essentially just remove the front rear and make a longer drive-shaft. Then, put it on some 46" or 53" tires. There's a good re-power in there somewhere too.

LandMan

I am doing just that. getting the stock rims width extended 4.5" out. I had to use the springs off the front of another deuce. a slightly modified 105 bed is going on the truck.

it will make the truck almost 9' wide but it will stay in country mostly.

Biggles

I saw a truck that had dual 52" tires on a 2.5 ton rockwell axle a while back. It was some F-350 crew cab that had been lifted a couple of feet and had the fornt end of an f-650 or something on it, I can't remember now. It was huge but at any rate the axle held up just fine, custom wheels, and there was a lot of quality fabrication in that truck. then again no matter how big his truck is or your bobber is I'll always have one more axle than you. :)

tm america

on the road or not you will have to get a wide load permit just to be able to tow it from mud hole to mud hole . or you will have to take the outer wheels off for transport. plus you will need custom wheels to get the wheel spacing needed to run dual 16.00s and that is the biggest problem you will run into . i looked high and low to find someone to make custon bud wheels . noone does them they do flat center wheels but not buds. good luck if you decide to try this. if you find someone willing to make the rims let us know how they turn out ,also you are gonna need hydro steering to turn them. more power to move them. and better brakes to make them stop . since you will be running more than six times as much rotating weight at each wheel then the deuce does even with dual 9.00s..

Biggles

all of that being said it would be bad@$$ and nothing is impossible. I say go for it. just make sure you have a fresh checkbook.

deuce_09

and if i choose to use the stock deuce bed,how short is too short.
cuz i got the m-105 or whatever trailor bed at my house. i was thinkin of cutting it the same length as the trailor bed :confused:

Josh

Also, If you going with 1600x20 tires, they weigh in the neighborhood of 500lbs with rim, That would be close to 2000lbs of unsprung weight on the rear axle if you some how manage to dual them out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You said you were going to run 1600s on a stock deuce rim. That is what I was going by. They will not work. Not sure what you are talking about. Hard to say what size the tires in the pics are, but I doubt they are 1600s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks