• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumper at work again

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pics of the finished product. Love to have some fieldstone walls around here, but its a lot of work, I don't have the time, and I don't hire illegal aliens to work in my stead. So, I will do without walls for now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking good Rich, love the fieldstone project.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful work! I have my eye on some neat colored, angular rock. But it will be a little later in the fall, before I can get away to go catch them. I'll use the deuce. Not a tipper, but have a loading ramp that I can back up against. I think then I can get the stone out with the loader bucket. It will be about a 250 mile round trip, so I'll do a picnic out of it.

Lee in Alaska

pa.rich

All of my fieldstone work was done with a garden tractor and little trailer, It took years. I only now have the dumper for this. My body is starting to object over this kind of work but so what, I just take it slower.I was thinking back to when I operated a masonry business and all I had was a one ton dump. We used to put 4 tons on it just to get the jobs done quicker, time is money. Another thing is the miniexcavator, I used to need trenches and foundations dug and had to wait til the guy got to the job, what a pain. Funny how it goes, now I have the equipment and just use it for myself. Never had the financial ability 20 years ago to have the equipment I really needed. Raising a family and all that in a one income family. There wasnt much money then. These are the best years, Wife and I both with good jobs , kids grown and gone, healthy and happy. :D My kids think its nuts, doing all this stuff, but they know me well, I have always done alot of work on my houses, this is my sixth place and I hope the last. Its really another hobby. :cookoo:

tjcouch

Wow! Very nice! It is amazing how near-vertical the dump bed will go on that truck . . . . I don't think I have ever seen a civy truck some close to that - am I wrong?

supermechanic

HI ALL,
The dump on mine goes almost verticle as well. I work for large excavating outfit, none of the 20 or so dumpers we have at work will get the body as high(close to vert.) as the M51 and such.
Ed.

pa.rich

Yes it dumps really high but the wet dirt still sticks to it along the edges. Its good it has the power down on the pump valve. Best dumper I have owned. I plan to add a lower side step to make it easier to get in, and a mid height step above the running board. It is really difficult to overload these trucks unless you put full height side boards on it. I love to use it. Great site truck. Tough and fun.