• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

duramax/allison into M715...Installation in progress

rudedog

I put a 427 tall deck and a all aluminum racing radiator from oliver racing poducts they make furnest brased ones good quality. If you look at the frt cradle you can see where you can cut the pass side to look like driver side and weld it back in and it makes it big enough for fullsize chevy radiator. Or you can look at a late model jeep j 10 86 to88 and model yours after it . Make sure you make a shroud or it wont cool ill try to post some pictures

Sken

chicken or the egg? this may not be for the pureists out there, but why not wrap the sheet metal form a m715 around a shortened chevy 2500 frame with duramax/allison/ axels complete? I really want disks on all four corners, and a diesel...the 2500 hd has very similar porportions, sure the frame would need to be shortened depending on the donor, but that is not too dificult. I found a rolled truck with straight frame, truck still runs...sure would be lots of work...but would be pretty cool if done right... Comments?
Putting 3/4 ton IFS running gear under a 5/4 ton truck that should be rolling proud on solid axles seems ... wrong. The powerplant/transmission swap however- sweet.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, He chickened out and put a bbc(502 i think) in it. Don't know if he ever finished it. He had to move from Cali to Tx.

Barrman

I saw the truck from a distance Saturday. He went with the big block and it has been sitting for a while now with his cross country move. The Rockwells look nice under the tarp however.

Wolf.Dose

Why all this work. The M715 is a 40+ year old truck! and you have to llive with it. Else buy a modern one! Change engine is ok if you can not rebuilt the original one. New engines have a lot of torque, so due to my experiance you have to shorten the oil change intervals of the pover train to halve of the original figures, means every 5000 to 6000 miles.
Good luck
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks