• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUVAC

congrats on a fine purchase!And hello to all...recently purchased an M-1010 myself. A couple q's...are the yellow and orange wires you mentioned connected to a blue box under that cover?Do you have two large 28-volt alternators?(they would be stacked atop one another on the passenger side of the engine compartment)
If so,you could have one of the rare 1028's with the m-1010 ambulance charging system.your perhaps the second person iv'e come across that may have one of these trucks.They seem to have been ordered almost entirely by the air force(from what i can find out so far)
If you have a blue box...it was called a DUVAC,dual voltage controller.mounted next to it should be a smallish black box called a twinput voltage regulator.Pics would be helpful!

on edit:this is supposed to go with decodemes post

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Attachments

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi,
Yes I have the ambulance charging system. Looks just like yours in the pic. I have a mount for the A/C compressor but no A/C. Yes the wires I switched were under the cover in the blue box. My truck is a 1987, which im told they did not make alot of 1028's in that year...I will take some pics this weekend. When I get home its dark during the week. Its nice to know someone with the same setup and we can compare notes..
thanks for your help.
Cevon..
ps, i just turned 6000 miles !.....almost time to bring it in to change the breakin oil..!....

tbrent

Hello. I know this a long shot. The link you posted is broken. Is there any way you could send me the duvac retro fit ? Any help would be appreciated. 772-360-8379

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks