• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

early deuce questions nee some help.

marine0311

Hi everyone. I attended an MVPA meeting awhile ago and came across somone who wants to sell his deuce. I know it has a gas engine in it. I just want to know are they easy to take care of? If i need parts can i get them easy? If parts were to fail on these what would they be? Is it something i can buy and maintain easily? If i could get some help on this it would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to walk into not knowing what to do if it breaks.

Thank you everyone who answers!:)

BugEyeBear

Need More Info to be helpful...

What year is this early Deuce?

Is it an M35? or a GMC M211 or M135? or is it one of the earlier 6x6 trucks?

IN GENERAL parts for the M35 are plentiful.
Early M35s do have some disadvantages as compared to the later models (to be expected, as improvements in the design were incorporated on later versions). Knowing exactly what model and year you are considering will really help.

One Good Note, you have come to the right place for TONS of FREE knowledge and advise!! Years of experience is here for the asking!!

OH, and pictures will of course help!

You might even get some opinions about value, but be warned that values vary widely based on condition, location, and the desire to have one!

IN GENERAL these are cheaper to buy than to rebuild/repair. So getting one that is complete & in good running condition is advisable!

-Bear-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks