• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECU generator/HVAC

Poccur

That governor controller has gain and stability controls. We typically use that one with the 35kW unit but it should (in theory) work in a similar fashion on your Lister..
Turn the stability up (clockwise) until the engine starts to 'hunt or bounce'. dial it back until it gets stability then go two more notches back (counter clockwise)..
Do the same for gain...
Try that for ability to handle loads...you should find it is about the best setting but like I said, typically that gov controller is on the 35kW/Deere engine...be interesting to see how that works..if you viewed those dials (gain and stability) as a clock face, what time are the pointers lined up with when you are done?
Best
Poccur

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the controller seems to run fine now that I dialed in the gain and stability. It's dark now, but I'll get the pointers tomorrow in daylight.

Do you have any wiring drawings for my unit's HVAC setup? I've got four wires (smaller) unplugged in the control box. Not sure what's going on with it. Or maybe it's a time delay and the fan won't kick on until the compressor is running?

Poccur

EEI manual for the ECU was on the link I sent...
Back in those days (pre-me...pre 2002) PSI used EEI and Applied ECUs...eventually they made their own from scratch by 'Virginia artisan craftsmen':)
Let me dig into the EEI manual in the AM...see how it is connected

Poccur

You are right. They list it in the contents but nothing in their manual. As far as PSI would have been concerned, they would have purchased the ECU as a finished unit and then simply connected the 3 phases, neutral and ground and fired it up.
If you have wires off inside the EEI that may prove tricky. I wonder if EEI would supply you with the circuit diagrams? Want me to email them on Monday? Not trying to get in the way but it might get a little more traction coming from HDT as technically we made the unit....thoughts?
Do you have any pics of the inside of the ECU you can share? Maybe we can make some semi-educated guesses...

Best
Poccur

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I'll get pics of it today. I'm guessing you can command a little more clout when it comes to email, that'd be great if you could. I'll also post pics of the controller settings.

Poccur

I will get hold of them on Monday. Worst EEI can do is say 'no' right? Not sure how much we can hold them to it after all this time, they may not have even kept records..but we will ask.

Typically, that governor ends up set around the 11:30 to 12:00 mark for gain and stability on our John Deere units...looks to me like you are set exactly there...so it seems to hold true even for the Lister unit..interesting...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've been fighting with the gauges and transducer, so I took another approach. I added digital gauges to each leg. Works great. Also I modded the power box I have for a civy 50a outlet.

Next step is the hvac system.
uploadfromtaptalk1449873643019.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449873656760.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449873667388.jpg

TNFarmer

Patracy and Poccur:

Good Morning.
Please excuse my jumping into your thread.

I found Steel Soldiers and this thread while searching for an operating manual for a "FSCM 05NF7".
In this case, it is the 35Kw version, Part Number 2001696. This unit is Serial Number 20608-004. I'm guessing the -004 is for the year of manufacture, since this was made in July of 2004.

The obligatory pics:
midsizeIMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

I just got this unit to farm, and now it's time to try and get it running.
Over my head?...maybe....
But it's winter and there's time to learn.

Hopefully, I will find an area or two where an old farmer can make a contribution here.

Poccur, I'll send you a pm.

Thanks very much.

Attachments

Poccur

"FSCM 05NF7". ..... This unit is Serial Number 20608-004. I'm guessing the -004 is for the year of manufacture, since this was made in July of 2004..
I can help you with this...I will respond to the PM...

FYI...05NF7 is not the part number. That is the cage code for the company that made it.
'The Commercial and Government Entity Code, or CAGE Code, is a unique identifier assigned to suppliers to various government or defense agencies, as well as to government agencies themselves and also various organizations. CAGE codes provide a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location.'

As for the 004, not the year of manufacture. That was unit number 004 in the batch that were made for that order...

I remember those units when they were made, I modified them once when they were living in San Diego. I will respond to your PM..
Best
Poccur

TNFarmer

Poccur:

Really, really appreciate your helping the new guy.

And apologies for being a noob. So far I only know (or think I know) what govliquidation.com posted on their site. And even with that, I was wrong. :doh:

The better half already found and downloaded the manuals for the Powertech engine and the Magna Plus generator. But getting it running again not screwing anything up requires more knowledge than those provide.

Thanks!

NEIOWA

How is that there is DOD equipment that does not have -10/20/34/P etc TM? I thought this was part of the fielding of all Army/USMC equipment. Or this some super secret info hidden within logsa?

Guyfang

Staff member
How is that there is DOD equipment that does not have -10/20/34/P etc TM? I thought this was part of the fielding of all Army/USMC equipment. Or this some super secret info hidden within logsa?
The military, in its infinite wisdom, decided to cheat. If you consider how many of these type sets the army bought, the cost of producing manuals is cost prohibitive. I think it generally takes about two years to create manuals for equipment. And can cost up to 500K or more. Then add in printing them up. Then add in keeping a large amount on hand. And then creating the NSNs for most parts in the manuals. You are talking about sometimes millions of dollars. All for just maybe, max, 40-50 ECU's? Ain't worth it. so the military put the burden on the equipment supplier. The first few years that DRASH came out with ECU's, you had to literally look at the trailer serial number, and call DRASH to get manuals for the sets. They changed several times the engines, and other major components. It was crazy. Its somewhat better now, but only marginally.

Gnolt

Drash trailer with 20kwh generator and ecu

I'm looking for a schematic for my generator and ecu for my drash trailer. My ecu seems like the 40amp contacters got wet and we're all corroded so I just finished changing them out with new ones. Did anyone else ever have this problem. I'm also looking for one of the 18 inch ducts 25ft that would hook on the air intake to the ecu. Any help would be great.

Gnolt

Applied companies 2007
Ecu
part # 53005
Job number 4951
Ser# 091
Fscm 54080
I am having trouble getting the heating element to kick on. Is it on a time delay? The k4 contacted starts to chatter when I turn the heat on. If I press the center of it, it will stay on and the heating element will get hot but I can't make it do it automatically. Does anyone know what voltage the low voltage transformer should be putting out. The k3 contacter which runs the fan kicks on fine right away. Any help would be great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks