• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ellsworth Deuce Recovery

SGT Estum

Great Recovery story guys with photos to boot, makes me want a Deuce even more. I've been stuck on the cucv's for a few years now. Maybe it's time to grow up.
:ditto:
I've overcome the suburban deuce ownership stigma (my neighbors aren't complaining about the two M1009s in the driveway), so the only thing holding me back now is not having a building big enough to fit it in. My two car garage isn't going to cut it if I need to work on an M35A2 or a M109A3.

Awesome thread.

91W350

The Pups got their first ride today. I picked up Sir and put him in the bed, then tied him in. Buddy tried to jump in and went over backwards. He landed on his back in the street. He was walking around on his back legs trying to figure out how to get in. I need to figure out a way for the dogs to climb in on their own. It was fun, they enjoyed their ride, barked like they owned the world. Glen

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

I guess the fear of being left behind overcame the fear of the rattling truck. The boys crawled up in there today, now the own it! ;) I knew they would decide the cab was too good to resist. I left the door open and they were both standing on the back legs looking in. Pretty soon Buddy tried climbing and jumping. Then Sir just climbed up the running board and into the cab. Buddy followed shortly. I took them for a ride, the noise does not seem to affect them. Maybe the D turbo is easier on the ears than the C turbo? No whining, carrying on or trying to climb out my window. We went out to our favorite barn and I let them run around for a while. They had a blast and climbed right back in. When we got home though, Buddy did not want to get out.....

Attachments

91W350

I did observe a few things though, the deuce cab is not as wide open as the M1008 and shifting with a dog that thinks he needs to look out of my side of the windshield is a little different. The seat bottom is not as deep and they kept sliding their front feet off of the front of it. Having 220 pounds of dog in the cab makes a truck with limited visibility even worse.

I took photos of some tire tracks, they were almost perfect.... Glen

Attachments

91W350

I did not drive the deuce yesterday, the first day it did not go someplace since it arrived home. I drove my M1008 to work today, unless something comes up, the boys and I might go to the lake tomorrow.... Hate to have the old girl feeling unloved....

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know how you feel. Mine's been sitting for a couple of weeks since I started on the tires, which lead to the seals, and brakes...... I need to take a ride!!!! :drool:

It looks like the pups are having a blast!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks