• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil type

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even I knew the answer to that one. :)

Or

Top of the main page and click search.

Enter the search terms like oil or Deuce or something along those lines.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, CLINTO. I agree with Kenny. While some people swear by a certain brand, it really makes almost no difference for the amount MOST of us use our trucks. My only recommendation would be to use a good name brand...Shell Rotella, Mobil Delvac, Valvoline, Quaker State, etc. Most studies seem to show that Rotella is the best. Delvac is also highly rated. I use both Rotella and Delvac the most...but I have also used each of the brands I mentioned above. Basically, I buy whatever is for sale at COSTCO and my trucks have never complained.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Rotella 15-40. If you stay with a higher quality of motor oil, you shouldn't have to worry about the changing it as much. I also have spin on oil filters which does a better job of filtering the oil.
Has anyone had an oil analysis done between different oils?

Mark2X2

We have a Mack truck on the road hauling pulp wood. We change it with 15W40 Rotella, between 9,000 & 10,000 miles. Figure the Deuce can get by with one change a year, don't think it will get 10,000 miles per year, I like to change oil once a year no matter how few miles it gets.
My Two Cents.
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks