• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine prep

scott07

Ok, so this m35a2 has been sitting for about 4 years and not started atoll. So i was wondering what things need to be done, checked, or filled before i try to start this thing?

Thanks

Parker2

Change all the filters and change the oil. The fuel may also have fungus in it. That wont keep it from running, but I would sure want some new filters to catch it.

Last edited:

waayfast

Use the search function here on this site.There has been lots of posts on here about prepping a truck that has sat a while.

Oh and welcome to the site! Good luck with the adventure!!
And don't forget-LOTS of pics!!

iamhere

i should be driving it home within this upcoming week!
The truck will be turned into the Missouri Conservation department this week, DRIVEN to their West Plains office, and then from there to their Lebanon MO
facility.

At that point they will decide if the truck (that was run quite a bit during the ice storm of 2009) will be redistributed or sent to auction. At least I assume they make the decision, they may ask the Federal folks first.

(417) 532-7904 is the number for the surplus folks at Lebanon.

As communicated to Mr Scott before he posted this, I do not believe they will sell via any other process than public auction.