• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally going to buy my first M35A2 Deuce!

FloridaAKM

Made it home, wow has it rained. Anyway, 420 mile recovery went without problem except the one & a half hour traffic jam in Atlanta. What a fantastic truck. More tomorrow.

bonedoc

Glad to hear you made it!! You have me stoked to get my recovery run going. Right now looking at weekend after memorial day weekend.

FloridaAKM

Get stoked, it's hard going with all the big trucks on the high ways. but lots of fun. The trip back from Blue Ridge, Georgia took from 15:00 Friday afternoon, till Saturday morning @ 03:30. Going thru Atlanta @ 17:30 was a witch due to traffic & all the fools cutting in front of me all while being on the cell phones yaakking away. My legs are sore this morning from running the clutch & brake trying not to run over the idiots who kept cutting in. I would leave a safe distance between me & the next vehicle @ 10 to 15 mph, only to have people jump in trying to get ahead. Two fuel stops & a couple or four inspection stops were all the breaks I took. On the interstate, the big rigs would scream past you just 8 to 10 feet away for hours on end, while on the country roads, it was nice going!
Pictures Monday since my computer won't upload any!

FloridaAKM

I took her to work this morning to everyones surprise. Management thinks I am certifiably nuts, but secretly most of them really like it. Pictures after I get back from running to the Drs office.

FloridaAKM

View attachment 491961View attachment 491962View attachment 491963View attachment 491964View attachment 491965View attachment 491966 Pictures as promised! Sorry for the double posts, I was removing one doubled picture, when it posted twice. Might be from the anesthesia I got loaded into me this morning for a scopy procedure. I was brought back to work after the procedure & then given a ride home, since they wouldn't let me drive. The picture of the road was in N Atlanta right before the traffic jam started & lasted 1 & a half hours.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Vandrel, that picture shows a good Atlanta traffic flow; it was minutes later that everything slowed down to 10-15 mph for 1.5+ hours. I posted a return trip thru the Blue Ridge mountains, but the seller told me I would be there forever due to the winding roads & hills; so I took 575 to Atlanta & I-75 the rest of the way to Florida. There were the narrow construction areas, but they were not as bad as the semis blowing past me for hours. A blowout like you had would not have been good, since as tired as I was, if I kept the truck undercontrol to the shoulder, I would have not had a good day, even with the tools to change it out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks