• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fried starter, do the Doghead conversion!

Had my starter stick on me today. I was sick as a dog and really didn't need to get stranded.
Even had the conversion parts in the glove box. Had recently swapped in a new starter to add insult
to injury......time to swap in a new one now.....

Just do the conversion.............

rsh4364

sorry to hear,but I can one up you,or give more reason for doghead relay install,when it happened to me I thought I just fried fuseable link,as starter was brand spankin new so I installed new fuseable link and a new fact. type relay, turned key on and fried entire in cab harness,not good at all ..do the relay upgrade..

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've honestly been putting it off on mine (mainly because of time). Bad thing is, I've got one sitting in the floorboard!

Need to do this this weekend.

Artisan

Can I get a link to the tutorial / how to please?

I heard doghead has a pretty good head on his shoulders... :) (nokidding)

I want to learn...

dstang97

If you can't get to it atleast pull the old relay down. So it is easy accessible. The very first thing I do is pull it out until I get the new one. Then use a jumper.