• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From the middle of Iowa, another new guy

Hey everyone, I've been searching and reading your great site for a while now. I've obviously never posted, just trying to learn what I could. Several weeks ago I finally found what I was looking for that was the right price, and picked up my first one, an M35A2. Surprisingly, the only flack I received from my wife was rolling eyes and some muttered words before the 'Okay' came out.

I borrowed a semi from work, picked it up, and brought her home. I drove a few miles around the house when I got home and it was acting very sluggish. I drained the fuel tank, that smelled like something you'd clean paint with, and added fresh diesel. I then changed the fuel filters, and was surprised it even ran with how dirty the old primary was. Took it out for some gravel travel after the change and it ran much better.

Since it didn't come with a winch, I bought one of the electric Warn Series 18 winches off ebay. I found a guy in town that's fabricating some bumper extensions and cutting a mounting plate for it, and look forward to getting it put together and installed.

The truck came with 395 ' s on it with the rear hubs already flipped, but are currently mounted on the stock split rims. That will be changing in the next couple of months as well, with some mrap rims and Peashooter ' s adapter plates.

I have several other things I want to do, but they will come with time and after my bank account is able to recover.

My friends all ask, "what are you gonna do with it?"
My reply has been, "whatever I want." Haha. After all, you only live once right?

I'm looking forward to learning as I go on this forum, and see this as becoming a hobby that will bring me years of fun.

18operator

My friends all ask, "what are you gonna do with it?"
My reply has been, "whatever I want." Haha. After all, you only live once right?

Welcome from Ohio! I got the same question from my friends too! And I gave the same answer too. Now they say "hey bring your Deuce over!"

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and congratulations from Kentucky. M35 will just be the start. Teach your wife to drive it, she'll have fun too.
JC

peashooter

Welcome and congratulations from Kentucky. M35 will just be the start. Teach your wife to drive it, she'll have fun too.
JC
Welcome! I agree with Scar59 also, teach your wife to drive it! My wife is learning and has fun with it, I think it makes here feel "tough" :)

Another Ahab

Welcome! I agree with Scar59 also, teach your wife to drive it! My wife is learning and has fun with it, I think it makes here feel "tough".
It's funny that women want to "feel" tough:

- How many families you think would have more than one child if natural childbirth was by the man?

- It'd be a WORLD of only-children, I'm betting you.

Women are the definition of tough (but they don't know it: don't let that get anywhere beyond here).

Mess With My Kid II.jpg

Appreciate the welcome!

And yes, I agree, women are already tough. But trying to get my wife in the driver's seat of the deuce could prove to be futile. It took me several months just to get her on a riding lawn mower...

Another Ahab

Appreciate the welcome!

And yes, I agree, women are already tough. But trying to get my wife in the driver's seat of the deuce could prove to be futile. It took me several months just to get her on a riding lawn mower...
Never say never:

- She'd be the hit of the bookclub for the one night she drove it there.