• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Block

MAGNUM

I want to switch to a spin on filter for my 1009. 6.2L Mine is doing the typical leaking. Where can I buy one? The part stores around here are not any help.

Screamin' Metal

Yo can go to any large truck repair place, or even Tractor Supply....get the block and filter...but you'll have to plumb up the hoses yourself. I always use Stanadyne fuel filters and blocks myself....you can get them with built in heaters/ lift pumps/ filterchange indicators.......but you can get setups thru O'Reillys and Napa, as Kits.

Last edited:

Screamin' Metal

Oh...if anyone gives you any lip....go online and order what you need from Racor or Trans-dapt..... they carry both remote fuel filter blocks and oil filter blocks with spin on filters down to 10 microns.

4bogginchevys

Another member here gave me this info.....Fuel filter base w/filter (262) 244-1262 P/N 12471725. This info was offered to me from the same question. I'm told it is a spin on kit.:-D

4bogginchevys

I dont know, I haven't purchased mine yet, will have to wait till after the holidays, maybe someone could call and ask and post their findings in this thread, would be helpful to many of us i'm sure:-D

Screamin' Metal

Afteryou get the block where the filters screw to.....just keep getting the same type of filter that it came with.......its differert #'s for the diff. manufacturers.......but a universal base....unless you use Detroit Diesel, or Stanadyne.

As far as the plugins.......one is for the winter data aquisition....and the other is for a heater element....do a search.....all the info is here on the site....you hook em up and let em dangle or zip tie them so they won't be in the way.

rebel_raider

The '82 and '83 6.2 L Chevy trucks came with a spin on filter. Actually they had two. One was on the firewall where yours is now and the other was behind and below the air cleaner in the valley of the motor. You might could find one at a junkyard and nab the whole setup.

Screamin' Metal

The '82 and '83 6.2 L Chevy trucks came with a spin on filter. Actually they had two. One was on the firewall where yours is now and the other was behind and below the air cleaner in the valley of the motor. You might could find one at a junkyard and nab the whole setup.

Yea Rebel.....I would've suggested that....but those are getting scarce these days......

rebel_raider

Guess I could've researched that a little bit. I had no idea of the availability of those parts. Since those trucks are what I grew up with I just assumed that they were still somewhat plentiful.

4bogginchevys

Yea Rebel.....I would've suggested that....but those are getting scarce these days......
Guess I could've researched that a little bit. I had no idea of the availability of those parts. Since those trucks are what I grew up with I just assumed that they were still somewhat plentiful.

There is an 83 civi k-5 with the dual filter setup at the junk yard near my house...we get a lot of trucks there with 6.2's because it gets cold here and a lot of poeple give up on them...is it against forum rules for me to offer to send them to some of you guys that want to switch......:-D

stampy

I got mine at Walmart in the boating section. 30$ and they can cross the filter at autozone (the walmart one says not for diesel....but it didn't hurt mine):-D If you need the filter # PM me and I will look on my truck

CDN-CUCV

I've been running the Racor water separator unit with a priming head. I believe it's the 2 micron, R45S is the part# Nice way to see whats going on with your fuel visually and drain any water, if any.

Just another option for ya.;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks