• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Element

AN/GRC-46

Does anyone know a NAPA, or other civilian part number for a fuel filter element that would fit the standard military M37 fuel filter?

AN/GRC-46

Still up in the air

I haven't yet taken the filter apart. I wanted to have a new element in hand before I do but I'm wondering now if I need to wait. TM 9-8030 seems to say just clean the parts and reassemble. Is this the correct procedure? What is the element made of - paper, mesh screen, ceramic - and can it safely be cleaned and reused? The TM says compressed air can damage it.

majorhitt

I can't seam to locate anything lately. I have(somewhere) A replacement element. In your TM on page 208, it shows the element. Now if my memory servers me correctly (remember how I can't find anything) The element is made of thin metal.It could be copper, But I can't recall . Compressed air can bend or fold the segments. It can be removed and cleaned and reused.

AN/GRC-46

I can't seam to locate anything lately. I have(somewhere) A replacement element. In your TM on page 208, it shows the element. Now if my memory servers me correctly (remember how I can't find anything) The element is made of thin metal.It could be copper, But I can't recall . Compressed air can bend or fold the segments. It can be removed and cleaned and reused.
Thanks for checking. I'm sure than when I take it apart it'll be obvious as to how to handle it. Maybe I shouldn't mess with it since it's been doing its job for the past 54 yerars (engine was gov't. rebuild in 1956).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks