• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter

MyAngry85

Hey guys, stupid question, I just ordered a new fuel filter assembly to replace my current on my 1009. The new one doesn't have the round deal with the foam piece and the two wires that the old one has. What is it, do I need it, and where can I get one?? Thanks alot.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the fuel pressure sensor that is used with the diagonostic equipment STE/ICE. Since most of the general public doesn't have access to this equipment, we will never need the sensor.

Just intsall the new base and tape up the wires. You will never know the difference except the new base will not leak like the original.

MyAngry85

Thanks. I could have just looked it up in the wireing diagrams in th TMs but only you guys could answer if I needed it. Now if I still wanted that sensor, would I be able to put it on there or is the base not built for it?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sensor is a known problem for leaking.

"IF" you could find a new sensor. I guess you could try to install it.

As far as I know the military didn't have a repair plan, they just install a new base and chunked the old one.

bkwudzhom

I would ask those more familiar to correct me if I'm wrong--However since you are replacing the fuel filter assembly why not return the origional style and replace it with a spin on type. A quick search will come up with several threads on how to do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks