• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge always on E

BenRoberts

Certified insane
My 923 always reads empty. its a single tank and when the battery is switched off it drops past E and when the battery is switched back on it will climb back to E. Ive taken the sending unit out of the tank and from what I can tell the contact point on the sweep is touching, this all is just visual checking. I guess im looking for some common issues to check on it.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you certain that your float doesn't have a hole in it? If it does, it will sink and always show empty. I've seen it happen. Take it out and give it a shake.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When it stays pegged on full it's not getting signal from sending unit.
Check connection and wire from sending unit back.

armytruck63

Military fuel gages can't be trusted. They're like a call girl claiming to be a virgin.

The best way to know how much fuel you have is to look inside the tank, or use a measuring stick.

You mean it doesnt get the same mileage as a prius:lol:
lol I use my Polaris RZR as my daily driver so yeah eats way more fuel, but I only drive about 1/3 of a mile to work, and it gets about the same milage as my 86 F250 so if I don't need the bed to haul stuff I end up taking the 931. lol I put almost 3K miles on the truck since I got it around Christmas.

74M35A2

My float was flooded AND gauge was broken. Took a while to figure it out simultaneously. Ran out of fuel a few times while doing so. That sucked, my fault.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks