• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Issues - No Start

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Back at it.

Truck used to start with barely a blip of the starter. Used to amaze people that they couldn't push the button fast enough for it NOT to start.

Now, it starts after cranking a second or two and takes some throttle action.

Ive made one trip around the block since it broke down over a year ago. Truck is way down on power. It doesn't rev as freely as it used to. Its like it has a delay between the throttle and the engine and the revs build slower than they used to.

Ive replaced both fuel filters.

Something is up with the injection pump I guess since that is the last thing I touched / broke. Would truck run at all if it was timed poorly? Is there another adjustment or setings I need to make to a new injection pump?

I'll put the call out again that I really suck at this and would pay for a shop or individual to sort this out.

If not, any help would be appreciated.

Bummed.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself I would recheck the timing. This time Don't look for both valves closed on # one. The correct timing Balancer on the mark. The 4 bolt advance window on the mark and Head one tooth to the rear. Now open the oil cap on the valve cover and look down and forward and you should just see #2 cylinder exhaust valve down or open. Thank Gimpyrobb for the tip. You said both valves were closed but you did not say you watched #1 intake drop then close.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks