• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel out my intake air tube? anyone seen this?

hey guys, i need some help on this small mess im in now. I have what seems to be diesel fuel comming out the intake (where the cold start unit is) and it runs down the air tube and drips at the front of the turbo housing.. the crazy this is the cold start unit is NOT hooked up and No fuel goes to the unit... THe motor is an ldt but has the lds injector pump in it, but still has the factory injectors and nothing was touched... memphis equip. said theres about 2 cc more fuel in the lds, but that should not make this problem.
So im aking you all if you ever heard of this or seen this and what could it be caused from? could the turbo go bad and cause the fuel to be sucked back out, could bad valves be the problem, or could this be a bad internal motor problem?
any insight or input would be very helpful as i plan to be going to gilbert here in 2 weeks.
Thanks for reading

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon, do you have both(supply and return),of the intake-heater lines disconnected and plugged where needed? Are you sure it's not engine oil that you are seeing drip? Have you removed the air intake tube and looked inside it?(or is this an external observation).

Eric, yea both lines are completely removed and plugged. as for the leak, ive had to remove the air tube, and the small rubber tube that connects to the turbo and removed the small square looking section that most of us hook up the boost gauge hose too. once you remove the part, you can see what looks like the valves... but in any case you can see the fuel residue deep inside... its smells like fuel, and has a gold color to it.. my oil is as black as coal.. every time I check it. its always full and seems ok. the other thing is I have small drops of antifreeze when i push the truck up the hills, this also might go hand and hand....
I'm thinking I got a screwing from a local surplus dealer when he said.." your bying it AS IS " Dont worry Eric, you'll see it first hand at gilbert if your comming.. look for us on thurs. Thanks for your input